lesson drill

marty4

Medal Winner
Visit site
Guys,

Last week I went for a lesson for an over the top swing which means I hit everything out the heal and right. The instructor has me going to the top of my back swing then casting the club from the top and rotating my right forearm? My only querie is if I practice this will it not mean I will soon be fighting to stop casting the club?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Impossible to tell without seeing your swing, but if thats what your pro told you, he must have had a reason. Are you hitting the ball straighter?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Guys,

Last week I went for a lesson for an over the top swing which means I hit everything out the heal and right. The instructor has me going to the top of my back swing then casting the club from the top and rotating my right forearm? My only querie is if I practice this will it not mean I will soon be fighting to stop casting the club?

Work on the drill as he clearly has a goal in mind but if you're worried pop in and have a chat. He'll give you the answer to why and whether your fears are founded or not

marty4

Medal Winner
Visit site
It is to make me come more from the inside but my only concern was i would then have to work on not casting in my swing. My pro says we'll work on that if it happens.