lefty's playing right.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
is it common for left handed people that play right to have a weak grip. i was just wondering if there was a trend as i read Ben Hogan's book and decided to give it a go (1 knuckle showing) the results where amazing, i've never hit it better.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
When I went to see a new pro around May time that was one of the first things we changed shame it wasn't the last :(

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm a leftie who play right handed and actually have always had to guard against a strong grip!

Also, I think my left side gets over a active as well and spins out of the swing too fast.

I'd not heard the idea about weak grips before... interested to know other effects this can produce.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Im also in this category. I also have the ben hogan book. May have to have another read. What did it change for the better??

much better ball flight with better conection. the biggest thing i noticed was my divots, they are nowhere near as deep. i used to take massive strappers and low ball flight.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
left playing right, swing plane is cack, weak grip, natural fade/monster slice... I have got no chance :D

the funny thing is, if I try to even hold a left handed club it just feels sooooo wrong!

bernix

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My nephew who is left-handed asked me whether he should start golf right-handed. My pal who is left-handed as well thought it was a good idea

What do you think?

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My nephew who is left-handed asked me whether he should start golf right-handed. My pal who is left-handed as well thought it was a good idea

What do you think?

I had this same choice when I started at 13. The pro had a look at me "swinging" left and right handed at my first lesson. He said unless I felt significantly more comfortable left handed, he'd go with right handed, as golf is so bloody hard (paraphrasing) that the natural swing will only benefit me so far before learned technique took over, and also it was easier to get RH gear.

I was playing cricket LH as the time, and still play other sports LH, but am glad I went RH with golf. Hope that helps!