Left Foot moving during swing

rikkitikk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone can provide some info regarding my swing query as when out playing on the weekend, I noticed that when I finished my downswing and follow through my left foot was pointing at 12 o’clock or 1 o’clock position rather than the 3 o’clock position it started in.

Might this happen to anyone else or advise what causes it? I am thinking something like hips not rotating properly causing the foot to move. I have not been able to find anything relevant on the net.

It only happened a few times during the round and I played relatively ok. I am a right handed player

Thank you in advance for helping me to understand what is going on!

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Im having the same problem at the moment,but mine is down to injury.
I have a bad back,and it seems like im protecting it when i swing.
Have you got an injury?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
about 130 yards so probably not far compared to some.

I suspect you also hit your shots quite high?
Try this.....
Turn your left foot out a touch at address and keep it still throughout the swing.
And if you're really good, at the end of the swing, try and feel the weight more in your toes rather than your heal
HTH

rikkitikk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Bobmac - will give it a try. Just looked back at a custom fitting I did in Feb this year and I hit my current 6 iron 150 yards. This was indoors and recorded on trackman so I presume my 7 iron might be around 140 ish on a good day. My original 130 yards was from 18 months ago when I did a 'find your distance' session on all clubs.

I will certainly try the advice. My shots are quite high as the shaft is a high flight shaft which i have been told is best for me.

Pokerjoke - I think i am recovering from injury as in Jan this year I pulled my back from carrying the clubs over time and my kids (not at the same time though :) ) and then a couple of months later had groin strain in both legs so less time playing golf and more time spent recovering / getting treatment from the osteo.

Will start some regular stretching every day to see if that helps me.

Thank you both for replying. It is much appreciated.