Latest swing (caution contains videos)

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks for all your comments guys, a lot of food for thought.. Here's a quick run down of some of points raised:

Strong grip/slightly underneath shaft - when getting custom fitted for the 59's I have gone from being 1 layer to 2 layers of tape, might still be getting used to the difference?

Takeaway - I did feel quite wristy at the range and I think that shows in the takeaway, it looks like my wrists start to cock before I takeaway. Will work on that next session.

Swing plane - having put my swing into GASP on iPad I can see my backswing is just outside of plane, more than likely due to the cocking of the wrists, down looks back on plane.

It's nice to hear good positive comments on my swing, I think I'm a fairly good example that shows just because your a high handicapper doesn't mean you categorically can't use 'low' handicap clubs.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
I fear the Kid, Just One and others may be lining up another epic battle over plane.....

(Not the 747 type....)

:(

Whoops, I've said too much.

Im staying clear Dave:whistle:
Iv enough on my plate now with my own swing :rofl:

I rarely comment on others swings anyway....I dont feel that im qualified enough to do it....I do know the ins and outs of where i want my own swing.....

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Swing plane - having put my swing into GASP on iPad I can see my backswing is just outside of plane, more than likely due to the cocking of the wrists, down looks back on plane.

i wouldnt get to wrapped up on this. just get the short game nailed and your handicap will come down fast. your iron swings look solid. getting up and down is the key to handicap golf. if i was you id swap that 60 wedge for a 52 gap wedge.