Ladies Open Championship

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Only increased her Tour earnings by 500+%.......
2 year exemptions etc etc...
To think, a couple of weeks ago she was caddying for Anne Van Damm......

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Funnily enough my son and I were chatting and saying the exact opposite. Not the course in the US, that does look dull. I'd far rather play Celtic Manor based on what I can see of both of them. Very much in the eye of the beholder, links v parkland etc.
Trust me when I say this. Celtic Manor is not a patch on Troon as a golf course. In the words of the old knight in the Indiana Jones movie “he chose poorly”

U

User62651

Well done Popov, held her nerve well. Nice for her.

Minjee for me has one of the best swings I've seen, compact and smooth. Touch of the Els about it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The line I was thinking of was 'I'd far rather play' - there's no comparison in the quality of courses in my opinion. Troon is a classic - Celtic Manor is a resort course.
I get that but I did add based on what I can see. I like the visual aspect of a course and Celtic Manor is very attractive to my eye.

I'm not unaware of the actual quality of somewhere like Troon ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Great win for Popov which opens up so many doors for her now. Handled the pressure brilliantly. Really enjoyed watching them over the last four days especially in the brutal conditions of the first two days but one criticism I have, not one I usually aim at Sky, was the standard of the commentary team bar Ken Brown who was as good as ever. If they are serious about promoting the game. especially the womens game, then surely it has to start with how they present it

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Out of the 3 courses on TV this week, TPC Boston would be head and shoulders easily my first choice to play.
Beautiful rolling, tree-lined fairways, large unkempt bunker surrounds, loads of water and fantastic, undulating greens.

Troon 2nd, and 2010 a long way 3rd.

Fortunate to have played 2 of the 3, when we going to Boston!!!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
You obviously didn't watch it, they were brilliant.

I disagree. It was a gripe I've had since watching the afternoon coverage on Thursday, and a lot n Friday and most of it yesterday afternoon. I did think they captured the drama far better on the back nine but I thought in general terms over the whole broadcast it wasn't as good as it could have been. At the end of the day, I think it is great Sky have invested so heavily in their coverage but it's just the one area I think needs looking at

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
That's just a whole bunch of clichés that doesn't address anything.
Ken Brown, Sarah Stirk, Laura Davies, Trish Johnson and some bloke I can't think of.
You're entitled to your opinion but how anyone can say the passionate and knowledgeable commentary was deficient is completely beyond me.

I'd already singled Brown out as the best commentator. He's vastly experienced and knowledgeable and that comes over. My point is you can be as experienced and good as Davies and Johnson have been but they aren't naturals in the commentary box and despite their passion that comes across in their voice and commentary. It is a simple as that

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I’m not a massive fan of Brown or Stirk tbh.
I watched almost all of it and I found her awkward in numerous places.

That being said, overall it was better than listen to the Americans we get during host broadcasts. LD having first hand accounts of playing with lots of the women added to it imo.

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
Funnily enough my son and I were chatting and saying the exact opposite. Not the course in the US, that does look dull. I'd far rather play Celtic Manor based on what I can see of both of them. Very much in the eye of the beholder, links v parkland etc.
Lol i played a a course a few miles away on same coast. Wind first 9:was 2-3:wind, back 6 was no wind, masive difference but still so nice either way?