Ladies Open Championship

U

User62651

Anyone following? Popov doing a Ben Curtis, total unknown 3 ahead as world no. 304 and playing on an LPGA feeder tour.
Only seen highlights but the Troon links are proving a stern test in blustery weather.
Will try and catch this live tomorrow, top 10 all have s good shot at it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Anyone following? Popov doing a Ben Curtis, total unknown 3 ahead as world no. 304 and playing on an LPGA feeder tour.
Only seen highlights but the Troon links are proving a stern test in blustery weather.
Will try and catch this live tomorrow, top 10 all have s good shot at it.

Watched a bit this afternoon and yesterday and Popov looked accomplished in the conditions. Saw her hit driver off the deck for a second into a par 5 to the front edge today which was impressive. Will be interested to see how she deals with the pressure tomorrow though.

golfbluecustard

Head Pro
Visit site
Saw her post round interview, I turned up with no expectations, or pressure so though tomorrow I'll be nervous I'll continue to play with no expectations, was the general theme

Love to see her win just for playing and pulling off that driver off the deck

GBC

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yesterday’s was definitely a stand out round to keep no drop shots off the card.

I still want Ko to win although fear the drop shots in the run in may cost her unless Popov struggles. Funny about expectation, Weaver at level seems similar having recently considered quitting before going to Q school and now right in the mix still pushing her own trolley as a way of keeping it simple and going back to college golf.

Course has been good, and nice it’s been calmer weather over the weekend.

U

User62651

Popov dropped shot on 1, could be interesting. No wind so a birdie-fest hopefully.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Setting up for an exciting finish:). The contrast between Troon and the dull courses the men in Wales and US are playing on this week couldn't be greater. You can appreciate the course much better without the fans and stands hiding the contours.
Funnily enough my son and I were chatting and saying the exact opposite. Not the course in the US, that does look dull. I'd far rather play Celtic Manor based on what I can see of both of them. Very much in the eye of the beholder, links v parkland etc.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Playing very well and capitalising on the breaks when they arrive.
Did you spot it's just a regular carry bag - who needs a tour bag!