Kids sports day - parents races

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
So, Friday was my daughters sports day. She did very well at balancing a bean bag on her head, and everyone was a winner (don't start me on this!!)

However, shizzle got serious when they called up the dads for the dads race.

I wasn't going to do it, but then i saw my brother (who has had multiple knee operations, waiting on a bone fusion operation on his ankle, various bits of carbon fibre and metal supporting his legs) so i thought i had to do it, my daughter would not buy any of my excuses if i didn't.

Well, i didn't want to be "that dad" who at the start line is doing some stretches and lunges, i was all about looking cool.

Long story short, i smashed it, I actually am (read was) a pretty good sprinter having played some half decent rugby years ago in the glory boys with #10+ on their shirts. And i won the dads race to much admiration from my daughter!

My only issue though, i now have a second degree tear of my hamstring. what an absolute idiot I am, i know i have delicate hammys, i have pulled and strained them many times before, why did i have to get so competitive?

Anyway, moral of the story, do your stretches folks!!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Did you see Mike Bushell the "sports" presenter on BBC Breakfast? He pulled his too and had a "running" date with Paula Radcliffe the next day :)

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm sure the yummy mummy's were also impressed.....;)

Funny enough, the mums race at our school needed adjudication as the finish was so close - the winner had 'implants' and won at the final dip...true story!

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
At least u could watch the sports day

My twins' school banned parents from their 'activity day', as it wasnt allowed competitive they took out the 'sports' part and stopped parenst from attending and cheering on their children

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I refused to run at my daughters sports day when she was about five, as some of the dads were putting on spikes.:eek:

She did watch me win the tennis club singles champs, so not a total embarrassment.:)