Just got my first electric trolley - where is safe to store it?

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Got my first electric trolley, I’ll always bring the batteries inside but wondered if I’d have any problems keeping the trolley in the boot of my car?

The instructions say don’t store outside but I don’t know if a car boot is suitable?

Also got recommendations on cleaning?

Can I use the air hose that’s used to clean shoes at the end of the round? I know I can’t use a pressure washer.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Got my first electric trolley, I’ll always bring the batteries inside but wondered if I’d have any problems keeping the trolley in the boot of my car?

The instructions say don’t store outside but I don’t know if a car boot is suitable?

Also got recommendations on cleaning?

Can I use the air hose that’s used to clean shoes at the end of the round? I know I can’t use a pressure washer.
I store mine in the house, I dont think it would make a difference from the boot of your car or a garage as long as its a dry place, I clean mine with a damp/wet cloth and bucket of water only done it once

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I normally keep mine in the trolley room at the golf course but it often also spends a lot of time in my car boot which is parked on the road. I have currently had it for nearly 6 years.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
Mine very rarely comes out of the car and gets a wash once a year after the winter mud has gone. I take it to work and use the steam cleaner which we have for cleaning the trucks, just don’t do the handle where the electronics are which is the bit that doesn’t get dirty anyway.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As above, other than the battery it is perfectly safe to keep it in the car. Mine lives there. It also gets a bath once a year. Other than firing water at its terminals it is a pretty robust thing and can certainly take air pressure

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
All my golf gear comes back into the house and lives in my home office/Bedroom, if it's been a wet round, they go in the garage to dry off. After a round I'll use the air hose to clean off any mud and grass, then at home I'll remove any excess wet and as mentioned leave to dry, then it comes back in the house.

The battery comes out when I get home and recharged as soon as I take it into the office.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
If you are single then you could keep it in the kitchen, handy to recharge.

However if you are cohabiting then words may be exchanged 😂

It shouldn’t matter where it’s kept as long as it’s dry, Garage is the obvious place, shed may have security implications 👍

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks all,

I have a steam cleaner at home so will use that, just keep it away from any electronics etc!

I’ll use the air hoses where possible too.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks all,

I have a steam cleaner at home so will use that, just keep it away from any electronics etc!

I’ll use the air hoses where possible too.
I wouldn't use a steam cleaner on any of it.
Last thing many components want is to be de-greased!
Damp cloth and towel dry is fine.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wherever you keep it don't do like I did with my Motocaddy S1 two years ago.

I came back from a club match and somehow managed to leave the flaming thing out in the road in front of my house. Went to get it from the garage for my next game three days later and... there it wasn't!!! I think I remember saying - 'Oh golly gosh. What a silly Billy I am!" or something like that.'

£350 chucked away. Still hurts when I think about it.

My Therapist suggested I tackle my suicidal thoughts head on and don't suppress them ... so thanks for starting this thread :)

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I use the air hoses at the club to clean the wheels and then leave the trolley in the garage. Battery gets left on charge in the utility room. I could pay a hefty fee to store both at the club but doesn't seem much point at this time. Maybe next year for the summer now HID has a new job

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
MIne is about 5 or 6 now. Only cleaned it once, and that was a wipe over with a rag. I occaisionally grease the pivots and axle stubbs, and rin some light oil into the front wheel bearing. Other than that it get a balst with the air line after a wet game, and lives in its bag in the garage. Nothing more, and definately wouldnt steam clean it.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
mine mostly lives in the back of my car (estate) its in a bag, but take battery in the house to charge.

never had to clean it, i'm a member at a dry links course so doesn't get muddy.

D

Deleted member 21258

We store ours normally in the vehicle, but for some periods it will live in the shed as well. Doesn't really get a clean.

Battery normally inside.