Joined a New Club...

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Went to Whipsnade tonight with CVG for our interview/informal chat and it was just that!
Met the Captain and President, they outlined rules, regulations and everything else, we asked a few questions, got a guided tour of the facilities and then the "handshake of acceptance"😁👍
Fragger couldn't come as he's in rock again with his dodgy internal organs so he'll get done another time.

It's nice to be a member of a "Proper" club😘
Going up Friday for our first round as Members...

D

Deleted Member 1156

As a member can you black ball Phil's application ?;)

Hope you all enjoy your new club.

^^^ This :rofl:

Enjoy, I'm sure many £££'s will be exchanged in the clubhouse after a sound thrashing one way or the other :thup:

G

guest100718

Nice course, played there in a society a couple of times. did you look at any of south beds, mid herts and Aldwickbury etc quite a lot of courses in that area? Or they too far away?

Last edited:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Nice course, played there in a society a couple of times. did you look at any of south beds, mid herts and Aldwickbury etc quite a lot of courses in that area? Or they too far away?

Too far away, Imurg and CVG are in Aylesbury, I'm in Amersham, whipsnade , or The Zoo as it is now called is about 25 minutes each way for all of us.
We chose The Zoo on location , cost, quality of course , facilities, atmosphere and friendliness, 5 day membership for £720 is only £70 more than Aylesbury and it's a much better course

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Yes there are weekend comps, but Imurg works pretty well all weekend teaching tomorrow's drivers and I'm a scout leader so also busy doing scoutie things Saturday and Sundays.

Plenty of midweek comps and as we are both self employed it's easy to work golf into our diaries and as im now 55 I can go straight into the Seniors :)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yes there are weekend comps, but Imurg works pretty well all weekend teaching tomorrow's drivers and I'm a scout leader so also busy doing scoutie things Saturday and Sundays.

Plenty of midweek comps and as we are both self employed it's easy to work golf into our diaries and as im now 55 I can go straight into the Seniors :)

Sounds ideal. How you diddling though matey? Nothing serious to keep you off the course too long?