it's another sad day for our forces

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
I have just heard that another 3 soldiers have died today. It just saddens my heart but thinking that one of them may be a relative is unbearable.
My nephew is a member of the 2nd Battalion The Rifles currently in Sangin in Helmand province. As his parents are not close to us we will have to rely either on the news or on facebook to hear if he ok or god forbid one of the fallen.
I am praying it is the former and he will be back with us soon as he is due home on the 24th Aug.

My heart goes out to all the brave guys and gals serving our queen and country but when will this end.

I am waiting with baited breath and pray for the safe return of our hero's.

God bless them all

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
We (the forum) have discussed this situation before, and I'd think that I'd be correct in saying that we all support our guys in whichever theatre they are operating in.

Regardless of the politics involved, I think that these guys have the most difficult job in the world and my heart goes out to all those left at home wondering. I'm not a pacifist at heart, but now that I have children I can't imagine how I would feel if my son was out there. I now understand what my parents were going through when I wanted to join up.

May they all return safely.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I too have a nephew out there barb, my Brother (and his dad)has only just recently regained contact with him after years of lost contact following a split up, and now hes out there on his third tour. It affects a lot of people.
Very sad!

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
We are feeling very relieved as have heard that my nephew is well and still on track for coming home on the 24th of this month. though my heart still goes out to all those serving and their families.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
200 up this weekend, and that's just the dead, what the number of permanent disabled is never gets reported - not numbers for the government or the MoD to be proud of.

I worry that the very number of casualties will lead to a blasé acceptance.

The_Squire

Head Pro
Visit site
Glad to hear your nephew is well and lets hope it stays that way.

I was informed about midnight that the son of a good friend and golf buddy has been seriously injured in Afghanistan, now waiting to hear to what extent.

slugger

Tour Rookie
Visit site
is there anywhere that the numbers of seriously wounded etc are posted? we hear about the deaths, but never about the number of poor folk that need to spend the rest of their days in a wheelchair etc.

The_Squire

Head Pro
Visit site
Glad to hear your nephew is well and lets hope it stays that way.

I was informed about midnight that the son of a good friend and golf buddy has been seriously injured in Afghanistan, now waiting to hear to what extent.

My mate has told me his son was injured in the incident that killed three soldiers this weekend and he has serious leg injuries a broken wrist and a perforated eardrum, he is in some shock and is already back in Britain in hospital. He is one of the lucky ones I guess.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
What point is there in sacrificing any more of our boys (& girls).
We are aiding a corrupt country with a corrupt ruler that has done deals with the warlords and already rigging elections.
Let's just get the F*** out of there and let them destroy themselves.