It feels like cheating

OAP

Visit site
Hi,
Got fitted for a new driver last week, I've played Titleist for the last 10 plus years so was surprised to come away with a Callaway Paradym X.
Absolutely breeze to hit, straight and slightly longer than the TS2, only had 1 round with it but not missed a fairway yet, same at the range, goes where i'm aiming.
Chuffed to bits.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
One round? Honeymoon period I'm afraid.

I do like the look of the Paradym though. I'm hoping to fit for a new driver later this year and that is one I'm keen to try.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A new driver verses a 10 year old one - not surprised really.

Horses for courses I never got on with Titleist TS series drivers compared with TM ones even with the same shaft in.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
What you need to do is buy a brand new driver and putter every round. That way the feeling never goes away
And be sure to spin the roulette wheel of getting fitted !
Its a good way to drop even more money every year.
Dont let driver capability having been boxed in by the R&A stop you feeding the shareholders of the manufacturers. They need our support.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Let's not forget that the shaft in these is just as important as the head. I have a Callaway XR16 which still goes straight. I don't think there really have been that many major updates since I bought this that would make me see a major difference in performance. And the prices nowadays, I can't justify the money for a few extra yards.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As @Robster59 said the shaft is as important. However be careful as even identical shafts have different tolerances, particularly where they’re stock ones mass produced in China.
This was demonstrated by a club fitter and how the same shafts oscillated was frightening.
I think on my next Driver fitting I’ll take the exact shaft that I have used in the fitting process