Is this fixable? (Stand bag leg) Return to seller?

TimmyO

Visit site
I bought this in an eBay auction - (Titleist StaDry bag) and it arrived today with one of the legs snapped off at its hinge ( pics )

It wasn't packed well - just loose in a box - so I'm presuming it just got bounced around in transit and snapped.

My initial thought is to return for a refund and let the seller claim on their postal insurance - what do you reckon?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Take some photos of the box if it’s damaged .
And the damage to the bag it helps in the resolution centre the more the better.

TimmyO

Visit site
Cheers. I sent him the above pics via eBay as I posted here - he's replied saying not to bother returning and he'll refund so fingers crossed may end simply.

The box is fine outwardly

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nothing to lose trying to repair it . If you can get a smaller diameter tube that fits inside both ends, then drill a few holes a few self tapping screws and Bob's your uncle (y)

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
If the plastic hinge is ok then it should be an easy repair. I repaired one for a matr a few years ago. I managed to find a piece of aluminium tubing the same diameter as the leg, cut it to length and fitted it in the hinge.

TimmyO

Visit site
The hinge hinges fine - it just seems like the end of the leg where it fits in split in transit. It's a shame as otherwise the whole bag is in great nick! I've bought another bag that's on the way so not sure what to do with this one now - if anyone can make use of it and has anything to offer by way of trades to a newbie golfer (I'm sure there's lots of adds and ends that I don't realise I need or want!) then hit me up