Is the ProV1 is "illegal"

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I just collect golf balls when I see them cheap (over prints in Florida), or win them in comps and sweeps, I got 12 from playing in the GM thing at Crowborough, I got another 12 last year as part of my green fees at a course I play in Florida. I have a cupboard full.

I find a lot too.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
How many guys on here or elsewhere for that matter can honestly say that their game would suffer if the Pro V1 was banned. I think we kid ourselves on at times by banging on about what a golf ball can do for average club players. Its not the gun, its the gunner.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
even I can notice the difference with a Pro V, mostly in the heart rate if it's a new one. up 'til now I've mostly used finders and retreads, my GM dozen are being held in reserve.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
A statement from Titleist today says that as from September 2008, all ProV1s manufactured (in a new plant) do not infringe any of Callaway's patents. The 4 patents in contention have been deemed invalid by the US patent office too, and Titleist are still arguing about the whole business with Callaway in regards to compensation etc.

However, there will also be a new ProV1 familly released in the first quater 2009, that also does not infringe any outstanding patents.