Irritating Tiger Gillette Ad

Teetotal

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Saw the Henry/ Federra/ Woods last night. Does anyone else get irritated by the amount of random sponsorship deals the sports stars get these day. Rather than lining pockets of the filthy money grabbing rich why don't the manufacturers give the marketing budgets back to the people by halving the price of the blades. That way they would sell four times as much as any other manufacturer and create brand loyalty. God i am marketing genius.

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The ad is ridiculous. The three of them combined have all the charisma of a half chewed opal fruit. I do use Gillette as it happens, but I would never but anything just because any of those guys told me it was cool. They've got to be the three uncoolest guys I've ever seen in that advert.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
It is awful in every way possible! It is so obvious the three of them aren’t in the same room, poorly acted and as exciting as a beige wall.

But not as bad as the new Halifax advert

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Ditto that Halifax advert. I can also slag off Henrys' acting ability now he has left the Arsenal. At least Fed and Woods are friends, where does Henry fit in?

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
It is an absolute shower of the proverbial.

I use gillette because their products are good.

Sad thing is, those with an affinity for kissing woods' backside will use the products as a result of the ad.

And why Thierry Henry, class at arsenal until he feigned injury as he couldn't be arsed there anymore and at Barcelona he is nothing special at all, hardly warrants a place in such an expensive ad.

A_F, total agreement with you mate, I have more charisma in the sweaty insole of my pumps than those three combined.

stevelockie

Head Pro
Visit site
It is awful in every way possible! It is so obvious the three of them aren’t in the same room, poorly acted and as exciting as a beige wall.

But not as bad as the new Halifax advert

Those bloody Halifax adverts, they drive me insane!!!

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Ditto that Halifax advert

I used to work for the Halifax in a management role, what is funny is that Howard (the glasses guy) was not very good at his job but the marketing department picked him becuase he looked like a bit of a tool and thought people would find him amusing on the telly.

The crafty git got a £100k per year contract, part-time hours, loads of subsequent work for fees and spent all his time at company conferences signing autographs.

muttleee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The ad is ridiculous. The three of them combined have all the charisma of a half chewed opal fruit.
Is that more or less than the charisma of a fully chewed Opal Fruit? Or should I say Starburst? No, actually...I shouldn't.

Teetotal

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Totally agree that the Halifax ad's are awful. I would be ashamed to bank with them. Don't think Howard's pay of 100k is enough though to be made a laughing stock for rest of your life. I bet he gets people in the street laughing and pointing and doing his silly dance all the time. His poor family. The shame.