irons

Visit site
i play off 15 and ht my iroins ok normally, my 7 iron goes around 155-160 what flex should i get and would the taylormade mc irons be ok for me i am fairly new and my pro said i can get better easy

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
i play off 15 and ht my iroins ok normally, my 7 iron goes around 155-160 what flex should i get and would the taylormade mc irons be ok for me i am fairly new and my pro said i can get better easy

Go to a place where you can have a bash with different types of irons and shafts then pick the best for you OR go ahead and get whatever irons you like I did.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Head has little influence in you being able to hit it well. The shaft head combination will dictate that.

Go and get fitted or try them at least. It might just open your eye.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just hit as many makes and model as you can. Try not to be pre-set on one make or model. Ping, Mizzy, Cally, Nike, Cleveland, Wilson etc all do sets that may work better. However you do need to pay attention to the shaft. Are you sure you hit the 7 iron that far (how was it measured). What was your swing speed, spin rate etc. All these things will make a difference.

You have two main choices. Hit a few at a range or practice ground and go with what your eye tells you works in either off the shelf regular or stiff. Nothing wrong with this approach and I've had a few off the shlef sets that have suited me fine.

Alternatively go and get a C/F and get measured for the right shaft for your swing speed. Again nothing wrong with this choice if you want piece of mind you have the right gear for you. However if you are having lessons or get better, these fittings may not necessarily be the right ones 12-18 months down the line as your swing changes. Pays your money and takes your choice but whatever you do try before you buy

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Beautiful set of irons mate. I am looking at upgrading to a set of the new TM irons. I did some looking into it and they will do these in combo sets. That new TP line comes in Muscle back, Muscle cavity and Cavity back. I am looking at getting the MC with some MB short irons. Go to the TM website and check where your local TM selectfit centre is and go to them. You will get fitted correctly and they will give you the perfect shaft. They will be able to tell you about getting a combo setup on them. You may find the MC long ironds difficult to hit so you could get the CB long irons. You can't say you hit a 7 iron x-distance and say that a shaft will suit you.