iron shaft comparison

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
sorry to post another shaft thread, but im looking some info on the diff between
project x 6.0 flighted
kbs tour stiff
s300
i have used them all, but just wondering what the technical diff is meant to be.
what i find is that the 6.0 feel right, but sometimes i feel i have to swing hard to maximise the shaft, and wonder if this is not helping my shoulder probs.
s300 feel a bit weighty and i have to work hard for a draw but hit a good soft fade.
its been a couple years since the kbs, but i found them softer, good solid draw, am i have honed my swing and tempo is a lot smoother.

thanks

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
sorry to post another shaft thread, but im looking some info on the diff between
project x 6.0 flighted
kbs tour stiff
s300
i have used them all, but just wondering what the technical diff is meant to be.
what i find is that the 6.0 feel right, but sometimes i feel i have to swing hard to maximise the shaft, and wonder if this is not helping my shoulder probs.
s300 feel a bit weighty and i have to work hard for a draw but hit a good soft fade.
its been a couple years since the kbs, but i found them softer, good solid draw, am i have honed my swing and tempo is a lot smoother.

thanks

S300 is a heavier shaft, with low launch but medium spin.

KBS is a medium launch shaft with lowish spin which is intended to give a flattish trajectory and smooth feel.

PX Flighted is a shaft designed to give a lower flight in short irons and a higher flight in longer irons. It does this by using an exaggerated kick point design. It is a different feeling shaft to PX.

In flex terms, these are all similar flex (in strict frequency terms, KBS is slightly the stiffest), but feel and weight matter too and different people have different perceptions. Some hard hitters hit the KBS quite high. Some players can generate a lot of spin with S300 and find the ball falls out of the sky. The fade with S300 versus draw with KBS may reflect weight of shaft.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Don't mean to hijack JT77, but I also have a question on the above. If you could point me in the right direction Ethan I'd appreciate it.

Between Project X 5.0 and TT DG R300, under the same imapct conditions, which of the two would give the higher launch and flight?

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks Ethan, just bought some 710 mb irons with kbs shafts so interested to see how they go, I think my swing is much smoother now so hope these go well.
No probs Gareth.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't mean to hijack JT77, but I also have a question on the above. If you could point me in the right direction Ethan I'd appreciate it.

Between Project X 5.0 and TT DG R300, under the same imapct conditions, which of the two would give the higher launch and flight?

PX 5.0 is a bit firmer then R300 (which is closer to PX 4.5), but I would still expect R300 to launch lower.

Overall height could be similar, depending on how much spin the player imparts on the ball (mostly due to technique, partly clubhead).

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another little question Ethan. I have got a set of irons with TT DG s400 sensicore shafts in and a set with rifle flighted 5.5. Could you explain the difference between the shafts for me please.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
PX 5.0 is a bit firmer then R300 (which is closer to PX 4.5), but I would still expect R300 to launch lower.

Overall height could be similar, depending on how much spin the player imparts on the ball (mostly due to technique, partly clubhead).

Cheers Ethan :thup:

I'll stick with the R300's then.