Irish Open

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Porridge struggling today.

Westwood going well, I have seen a lot of Westwood over the last couple of weeks on the TV and his putting isn't just better - he actually looks more comfortable over the putt at present.

Loving the look of the course, looks like a future trip is a must.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Porridge struggling today.

Westwood going well, I have seen a lot of Westwood over the last couple of weeks on the TV and his putting isn't just better - he actually looks more comfortable over the putt at present.

Loving the look of the course, looks like a future trip is a must.

I've always fancied the SW of Ireland. Waterville, Trump Doonbeg, Lahinch, Ballybunion, Tralee look amazing. Only problem is that they are all (according to the websites) EUR 230 pp. Maybe need to go via an operator to get some sort of deal.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I had it tended the other day. Longish putt and flag leaning towards me slightly.

Happens now and again.
I played a 36 hole open last weekend and one of my PP's twice hit the flag on long putts when it was leaning towards him and both stopped within a couple of inches. At the speed they were travelling they would both have likely dropped in.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I played a 36 hole open last weekend and one of my PP's twice hit the flag on long putts when it was leaning towards him and both stopped within a couple of inches. At the speed they were travelling they would both have likely dropped in.

Its certainly something that needs to be assessed.

Wolf

Visit site
Its certainly something that needs to be assessed.
Without derailing the reason for the thread why does it need to be assessed. You now have the option of in, out or attended. Can choose which one you want, therefore nothings needs assessing you can choose which you want. If you fear it hitting the flag doesn't work have it tended.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Without derailing the reason for the thread why does it need to be assessed. You now have the option of in, out or attended. Can choose which one you want, therefore nothings needs assessing you can choose which you want. If you fear it hitting the flag doesn't work have it tended.

I mean assessing what decision you want. Perfectly fine options to have.

I have it in I'd say about 80% of the time.

Sometimes I take it out close in to make the hole appear bigger. Out if leaning towards me. In the majority of time.

D

Deleted Member 1156

No.

Tending a flag - yes.

However feel free to re-open or bump up a previous debate. This Irish Open is good and deserves its own thread.
I agree it does but it wasn't me who brought the subject up.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I am chuckling at this "the wind is getting up" nonsense. The grass is barely moving, trousers are not flapping and very little surf!

😅

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I am chuckling at this "the wind is getting up" nonsense. The grass is barely moving, trousers are not flapping and very little surf!

😅
was it that Australian knob?

remember listening to him crap on about it being the toughest conditions he's ever seen last time the Scottish Open was at CS, it was barley a 2 club wind:LOL: