Internet golf kit suppliers - good or awful?

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
When your local pro can't supply and you can't get to AG, NB or N.E. Other shop would you buy from an internet supplier or track further afield?

Swiftly side stepping the CF debate lets say for things other than clubs shall we?

Who are the ones to trust and you've had a good experience with and who are the ones to avoid?

Interested to see if there's one that gets a 'Footjoy' style seal of approval from everyone.

cheers ,

bill

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Never had any problems from any of the internet sites I've used. I seem to remember a thread some months back about one of the company's being in financial trouble and still taking orders without the gear to ship out. As this has gone away I assume the company have now ceased trading

big_russ

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Have used both Snainton Golf and Online Golf without a problem and i would recommend them to anyone especially with some of the offers they have when new seasons kit comes out.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have used online a few times.....100% service.
I once used pricebuster as well (this is the company that looked finished), on that order they were A1.....don't know the current situation.
I'm done with buying kit now, I shall just stock up on gloves/balls etc from my pro or "in person" at a real golf store.

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have used online a few times.....100% service.
I once used pricebuster as well (this is the company that looked finished), on that order they were A1.....don't know the current situation.
I'm done with buying kit now, I shall just stock up on gloves/balls etc from my pro or "in person" at a real golf store.

...and that combined with the memory jogger from HJS throws up this from the archive for anyone new here that's interested;

http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/forums//showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/21229/page/0/fpart/all/vc/1

golfer1

Medal Winner
Visit site
If i'm looking golf stuff online, i tend to search for the lowest price, then contact one of the big companys (AG, DG etc) and buy it off them, under their "Price Match" policy.

Usually, with the stock AG or DG have, if they haven't got it, it's probably not with having.

Ken_A

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Nevada Bobs tend to be slow and they do not update the order status until it is delivered, not too impressed with them.
I have no problem with shopping online as you seem to get what you ask for unlike some local shops.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nevada bobs and Online golf stock exactly the same kit but Online golf has far superior servise, very odd.

I also use Affordable Golf, the service is great and they stock loads of Wilson Staff bits for me, happy days!

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I agree NTL, NB & DG stock the same gear, if my Pro had a bigger shop with decent clothes I would buy from him, but he doesnt so online shopping for me, also you can pickup more unusual gear from online rather than a clubhouse full of men in the same gear (which would be a sight).

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Always use Online Golf, superb customer service and delivery times, hard to beat their price plus loyalty points as well. Have no connection just a happy and regular customer.