Installing a shaft adapter (Titleist Surefit)

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Will be ok then. Just annoying when you get it all set up and then the shaft bounces out of the hosel with an airlock.

I can imagine pal.

I take it it's just a case of adding a heathly blob of epoxy into the adapter then pushing the shaft to the end so it's flush? Then let it harden?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can imagine pal.

I take it it's just a case of adding a heathly blob of epoxy into the adapter then pushing the shaft to the end so it's flush? Then let it harden?

Personally, I will use a narrow tip screwdriver and drop the epoxy in to the hosel bore and then run it around the inside. 2 or 3 blobs and then a thin layer around the prepped area of the shaft. Spin the shaft slightly in to the adaptor to get it coated all round and then line it up if needed. Easy.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Personally, I will use a narrow tip screwdriver and drop the epoxy in to the hosel bore and then run it around the inside. 2 or 3 blobs and then a thin layer around the prepped area of the shaft. Spin the shaft slightly in to the adaptor to get it coated all round and then line it up if needed. Easy.

I'll give it a nudge :thup:

Thanks again for all the replies guys. Appreciated as always :thup:

A1ex

Head Pro
Visit site
Probs too late but....

Make sure the tip of the shaft has been sanded down in order to help it bond with the glue and adapter.

Also make sure you use a rubber tipped mallet or something similar to make sure the shaft is fully inserted to the shaft. Often just pushing the shaft in isn't enough, especually when it's tight. Don't twist the shaft either as graphite isn't the same as steel. Pull or pull only when the fitting is tight.

Prepare before with the SureFit setting you want, so you can make sure it's lined up to the blank side of the shaft.