im back to golf fitness.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
August 25 2015 it was a friday and the weather was to put it mildly PANTS,
I had the mother of accidents which put me out of the game for far too long.
long story short I am now back to being golf fit and now am in a position to join or rejoin a club. my problem with rejoining my old club is that they only have 11 qualifiers a year, ie the monthly medal ,its not a lot and want more than that amount of competition golf.
joining a new club is a very appealing option but a lot of the courses near me are over £1000 to join .thats a lot of moolah for a cabby.
5 day membership dosent fit my work schedule so that is out ,and I really want to play weekend golf as that is when most comps are played and I lI ove competition golf ,playing with a card in my hand keeps me competitive and playing every shot to the best of my ability [lacking unfortunately in a lot of areas] . so its looking like have to weigh up the cost of full membership against 5 day and see if I can talk the better half into letting me pay a few extra quid to keep me sane as I have been stir crazy for a long time now ,although I have been out on the course a few times I havent really been fit enough to play proper golf.until now that is ,but not right at this moment as I have now got a severe case of Bronchitis to shift before venturing out to have a chat with a few local clubs

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Good news that you're back to fitness and some tough decisions to be made regarding a new home, especially given the cost of courses down your neck of the woods. Get over the bronchitis and then full steam ahead. Don't get too overly excited and use 2018 to ease back into it

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
browsing the local course websites and everything is £1200 or more ,the wife has agreed that I can join a new club ,so its now deciding which track is going to suit me best.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Willingdon is looking favourite at the moment as they have a first year fee of £300 less than the usual membership cost ,decent track as well ,designed by none other than Dr Alister Mackenzie ,he of Augusta national design .

D

Deleted member 21258

Blimey 2.5 years out, hope you enjoy the comeback and keep healthy. Enjoy.