Ideas for home office

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So I have permission to convert one of our rooms to a ‘study’ and home office. It’s about 3m x 3.5m and window on one side and a door on the corner of the opposite wall. I will draw a pic later. It will have 2 sit/stand desks with dual monitors on the window side; some closed shelving on one side to hide all the usual Rubbish. Bookshelves to have tons of books. Potential a small sofa for a Power Nap.

Looking for inspiration. I was going to go for some dark wall to give it a posh look - old school study/gentleman’s club, some painting etc. but colleagues with dark home office say that it can get gloomy if you don’t have sufficient lighting.

Open to suggestion and ideas of dream home office/study

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
It’s down to personal preference. I had a decent home office for around 20 years across 4 house moves. I preferred lighter woods - I found dark woods very gloomy and uninviting in winter. I had my desk side on to the window in the last two, which I very much preferred - less time looking out of the windows. I put a 2 seater sofa and occasional table for coffee cups in the last one, which was great for sitting reading wordy documents.

For pictures I actually went for company photos, manufacturing and onsite. I wanted a subconscious reminder that I was at work.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It’s down to personal preference. I had a decent home office for around 20 years across 4 house moves. I preferred lighter woods - I found dark woods very gloomy and uninviting in winter. I had my desk side on to the window in the last two, which I very much preferred - less time looking out of the windows. I put a 2 seater sofa and occasional table for coffee cups in the last one, which was great for sitting reading wordy documents.

For pictures I actually went for company photos, manufacturing and onsite. I wanted a subconscious reminder that I was at work.
i love a dark walnut type table - not sure why. I am torn between going dark colour v light colour. Subconsciously i think i m more scandi, but i have never had a old school dark whiskey bar look.
Previously i had a table under the window and you are right, i think i spent more time looking out. Nowadays i m more side on and stare at a bare wall, but have to look to my right to look out.