Ian Poulter's Clothes Company Rip Off

Cairdie

Visit site
All Scots should avoid using Poulter's IJP Design website. £15.95 is the p&p to send a shirt to ANYWHERE in Scotland while England and Wales are £4.95. Austria, Germany, France, Italy and CANADA are exactly the same price and China and S. Africa only 4 quid more.
An utter disgrace.
Whether Poulter himself knows is anyone's guess.

D

Deleted member 15344

All Scots should avoid using Poulter's IJP Design website. £15.95 is the p&p to send a shirt to ANYWHERE in Scotland while England and Wales are £4.95. Austria, Germany, France, Italy and CANADA are exactly the same price and China and S. Africa only 4 quid more.
An utter disgrace.

Is there any problem with the postage price different to different countries ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Not different countries though. This is a poor show indeed, if true.

They use Fed Ex now - previously it was with UPS so no doubt the pricing has come down from that. I have to pay to get it delivered 1 mile which is how far I am away from them.

Not sure where the nearest Fed Ex depot is in Scotland but that's what the costs will be determined by and seems they have been put in with N.Ireland and Isle of Man. When I post a parcel from here to Scotland the price is around the £15-20 mark dependant on weight obviously.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
They use Fed Ex now - previously it was with UPS so no doubt the pricing has come down from that. I have to pay to get it delivered 1 mile which is how far I am away from them.

Not sure where the nearest Fed Ex depot is in Scotland but that's what the costs will be determined by and seems they have been put in with N.Ireland and Isle of Man. When I post a parcel from here to Scotland the price is around the £15-20 mark dependant on weight obviously.

It cost me under a tenner to send a set of clubs to London including insurance so unsure where your figures come from Phil and if that is what you are paying maybe you should shop around.

D

Deleted member 15344

It cost me under a tenner to send a set of clubs to London including insurance so unsure where your figures come from Phil and if that is what you are paying maybe you should shop around.

I just go with Parcelforce - always been solid for me if no doubt more expensive.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
An utter disgrace.

I know what it says on the shipping page but if you actually go through the process of placing an order you'll get it for £4.95 to central Scotland. My assumption would be it's £15.95 to the Islands

stirry

Medal Winner
Visit site
I have bought polo shirts before from IPJ and the shipping cost to Glasgow has only been £4.95, last one was purchased in March.

Also found them excellent to deal with, I am sure if you drop them an email they will confirm the costs to you .

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
some companies take the hiss when it comes to Scotland and the highlands and islands for postage.

i recently tried to buy a Gretsch from a dealer in England and he would not even sell it to me "due to costs for a parcel to H&I"

we get royally ripped off up here

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
some companies take the hiss when it comes to Scotland and the highlands and islands for postage.

i recently tried to buy a Gretsch from a dealer in England and he would not even sell it to me "due to costs for a parcel to H&I"

we get royally ripped off up here

so it's somehow not right to charge someone the correct amount to get a parcel delivered to them in a remote out of the way location?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
so it's somehow not right to charge someone the correct amount to get a parcel delivered to them in a remote out of the way location?

Ok, so i can buy a tee shirt which would virtually fit an an A4 envelope and get charged £15 P&P for the Highlands and islands despite Inverness being on the mainland and almost the same distance from Glasgow as Aberdeen is, while Aberdeen gets no upcharge.
but i can send a golf club by PF and a package 10 times the size to anywhere in the UK for less than most companies would charge for an small item of clothing.

no one says we should not pay the going rate, its getting ripped off we find hard to swallow

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Ok, so i can buy a tee shirt which would virtually fit an an A4 envelope and get charged £15 P&P for the Highlands and islands despite Inverness being on the mainland and almost the same distance from Glasgow as Aberdeen is, while Aberdeen gets no upcharge.
but i can send a golf club by PF and a package 10 times the size to anywhere in the UK for less than most companies would charge for an small item of clothing.

no one says we should not pay the going rate, its getting ripped off we find hard to swallow

Totally agree.

Worst part of getting to Sneckie now is the blooming average speed cameras.

Cairdie

Visit site
£4.95 was the cost to all mainland UK addresses. They re evaluated and decided Scots should pay £15.95. I've contacted them all right and was told it was lack of volume to Scotland that was the problem with their carrier. Presumably the volume going to Wales is greater!!!!!!

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
£4.95 was the cost to all mainland UK addresses. They re evaluated and decided Scots should pay £15.95. I've contacted them all right and was told it was lack of volume to Scotland that was the problem with their carrier. Presumably the volume going to Wales is greater!!!!!!

Can you explain why I paid £4.95 to Lanarkshire then?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
An utter disgrace.

Seems less draconian than NOT charging Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish students in Scottish Universities while charging English ones! :)