I played in the rain and....

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I played in the rain today, and....

My waterproof Nike base ball hat is not.

My umbrella is useless in high winds, and will either pull my trolley over, or disappear into the distance. This is not good when I am unable to run after it due to injury.

My new strappy thing for my leg is fantastic. Note to self, buy time machine, wind it back 4 months and buy compression strap for leg. May be right now, you wouldn't be gimping about like a gimpy thing.

My galvin green Alvin jacket is awesome. But, I need a bigger hat, as rain gets in the neck without it.

My waterproof jacket deposits all of the rain onto my trousers. My trousers are not waterproof. Note to self, shower proof trousers are useless in torrential rain. Shopping list, goretex trousers.

Leather golf gloves get ruined when it rains. Use three during the round, and that's the best part of £60 out of pocket. Pulling out a rain glove with one hole left to play is pointless. Use it earlier, even if you think you look naff in a black glove. No one else cares if you look like Michael Jackson.

Stop hitting the ball into every available bunker. Wet bunkers are annoying, wet rake handles even more so.

Nike golf towels are made of non absorbent material. A towel that doesn't wipe off water is useless. Shopping list, buy a proper towel.

Hitting your driver with wet hands equals a 50 yard walk to go and get it. Note to self, idiot. Further note to self, take trolley with you, so you don't have to go back and get it.

Green keepers. You have seen the weather forecast. Don't cut the hole in the lowest area on the green. It will flood. This is flipping annoying, when 90% of the green is useable, but not around the pin.

Ecco tour hybrid gtx with the goretex lining are full on waterproof. Ecco tour hybrid with their hydromax coating are not. Who ever thought hydromax was a good idea, and would be even vaguely waterproof is an idiot. Note to self, wear the goretex version in the rain, Or you will get trench foot.

When leaving home, even when it's not currently raining, but the forecast is dismal, put the rain cover for your bag into the car boot. Looking for it in the boot, and thinking it's ok that it is hanging in the garage doesn't cut it. My H2NO is not waterproof in the slightest. It's shower proof at best. Two of the pockets have an inch of water in the bottom, and yes, the Zips were fully up. There is also half an inch of water in the main part. Note to self, this will not disappear unless the bag is turned up side down. Do not do this indoors like last time. It floods the kitchen, and makes you unpopular with the Mrs.

Most of the stuff in my bag is kept in plastic bags. These are now drying out in the kitchen. Apparently, they make a good cat bed.

Why don't they make golf bags out of goretex?

And socks.

Wet greens are slow greens. Note to self, hit putts harder, they might go in.

My weather app said rain at 8.17, and it was bang on the number. I guess it had to be right one day.

I only played 13 holes today, but oddly, I really enjoyed being out on the golf course.

This is worrying. Golf is meant to be endured, not enjoyed.

Sent from my iPad

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I would actually like waterproof manufacturers to start making waterproof trousers without pockets.

I find that the water runs off your jacket into your trouser pockets, pools or goes straight through. I also detest velcro on waterproofs, rips linings and snags on linings, causes shirts and jumpers to bauble. Studs or zips. Just like punks like!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Sorry, meant to add glad you enjoyed your game, sometimes its just good to get out and play Murphthemog.

D

Deleted member 15344

Played today and GG jacket and Trousers worked perfectly well - as did the hat.

Wore the FJ raingrip gloves ( as I did for H4H ) and they work very well

Don't bother with trousers under the waterproofs and water didn't seem to go into the shoes

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I played in the rain today, and....

My waterproof Nike base ball hat is not.

My umbrella is useless in high winds, and will either pull my trolley over, or disappear into the distance. This is not good when I am unable to run after it due to injury.

My new strappy thing for my leg is fantastic. Note to self, buy time machine, wind it back 4 months and buy compression strap for leg. May be right now, you wouldn't be gimping about like a gimpy thing.

My galvin green Alvin jacket is awesome. But, I need a bigger hat, as rain gets in the neck without it.

My waterproof jacket deposits all of the rain onto my trousers. My trousers are not waterproof. Note to self, shower proof trousers are useless in torrential rain. Shopping list, goretex trousers.

Leather golf gloves get ruined when it rains. Use three during the round, and that's the best part of £60 out of pocket. Pulling out a rain glove with one hole left to play is pointless. Use it earlier, even if you think you look naff in a black glove. No one else cares if you look like Michael Jackson.

Stop hitting the ball into every available bunker. Wet bunkers are annoying, wet rake handles even more so.

Nike golf towels are made of non absorbent material. A towel that doesn't wipe off water is useless. Shopping list, buy a proper towel.

Hitting your driver with wet hands equals a 50 yard walk to go and get it. Note to self, idiot. Further note to self, take trolley with you, so you don't have to go back and get it.

Green keepers. You have seen the weather forecast. Don't cut the hole in the lowest area on the green. It will flood. This is flipping annoying, when 90% of the green is useable, but not around the pin.

Ecco tour hybrid gtx with the goretex lining are full on waterproof. Ecco tour hybrid with their hydromax coating are not. Who ever thought hydromax was a good idea, and would be even vaguely waterproof is an idiot. Note to self, wear the goretex version in the rain, Or you will get trench foot.

When leaving home, even when it's not currently raining, but the forecast is dismal, put the rain cover for your bag into the car boot. Looking for it in the boot, and thinking it's ok that it is hanging in the garage doesn't cut it. My H2NO is not waterproof in the slightest. It's shower proof at best. Two of the pockets have an inch of water in the bottom, and yes, the Zips were fully up. There is also half an inch of water in the main part. Note to self, this will not disappear unless the bag is turned up side down. Do not do this indoors like last time. It floods the kitchen, and makes you unpopular with the Mrs.

Most of the stuff in my bag is kept in plastic bags. These are now drying out in the kitchen. Apparently, they make a good cat bed.

Why don't they make golf bags out of goretex?

And socks.

Wet greens are slow greens. Note to self, hit putts harder, they might go in.

My weather app said rain at 8.17, and it was bang on the number. I guess it had to be right one day.

I only played 13 holes today, but oddly, I really enjoyed being out on the golf course.

This is worrying. Golf is meant to be endured, not enjoyed.

Sent from my iPad

Better than usual day then Murph!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Big fan of a rain cape over the back and just chuck loads of synthetic gloves and towels in the bag. As a glasses wearer I use a "waterproof" UA or Ping cap. They aren't and water still runs from the brim. Waterproof socks (Sealzskins for me although they are pricey). Other than that having a positive attitutude gives you an edge over 99% of the field. I have to agree that green staff need to look at forecasts more and choose better hole positions in atrocious conditions