i-phone .... whats your favourite applications?

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Got a cover myself and a screen protector, I have to say the standard screen is far more fingerprint proof than the bit of plastic now covering it. Still it's got to last 2 years of abuse so I'll not grumble........too much.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I got a rubber cover off ebay for about 2 quid and its fantastic, also got a few hard screen covers that are so easy to put on, dont have bubbles and dont affect the perfromance of the touch screen.

Timberbonce

Head Pro
Visit site
My most used/favorite apps are:

My02 - Tells you about your tariff and used mins etc

RedLaser -(Bar code scanner)

Sky+ - Sent my sky box recording from my iphone from anywhere in the world.

Voices - change your voice to various funny ones helium for eg

Flixter - See whats on at your local cinema + Times and latest dvd releases plus watch trailers of them.

Freecaddie - free golf GPS.

E-bay.

Now for the silly ones that I have to admit (at risk of making a tit of myself) that i'm quite partial to.

Shotgun Free

Lightsaber

IPity - Mr. T quotes spoken by him.

Cool thread great idea.
I will defo be looking at that TV one.. I been using BBC iplayer which is great but obviously is only the BBC channels.

Timberbonce

Head Pro
Visit site
Dl the app and then I think I had to go to "my sky" website, log in and then the option to set it up/register is on there. It's all free and you don't even have to have the sky box plugged into a phone line.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
and you don't even have to have the sky box plugged into a phone line.

Seriously? That's just black magic.

I never have the Sky+ connected to a phone line but assumed you would need to to do remote recording. Will be downloading that one pronto. Thanks for the tip.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Has anybody got PING yet?
Its free iphone to iphone messenger, and its instant aswell so you dont have to be logged in, but once you do its just like a messenger service (msn or yahoo) Its fantastic. After a quick D/L just enter your pals name tag and click send, it saves the name to your ping address book.

Well worth thr 59p but you can even get a free version!

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Sadly PING would be US for me as I don't know anyone that has an iphone that would want to comunicate that way with me.

Since getting some itunes vouchers for Christmas, I've got iSwing and iAnalyzegolf, for the golf swing analysis side of things. Games wise I've got into iMobsters and World War. Both developed by the same developer. But they both are great if you're into 'empire building' type games, and don't require too much time.You can dive in and out when suits. Which is great when you've got kids!

Talkng of kids stuff my 3 year old loves LRSlite, Toddler Time, real racing GTI, iToy and TalkingCarl.

If I have the time Madden NFL is great. The F1 timing app will be added in time for the F1 season, but at £17 will easily be the most expensive app on the phone, and it's only good for the one season. Though it does appear to add alot to the viewing experiance.

Keep the recommedations coming though.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
and you don't even have to have the sky box plugged into a phone line.

Seriously? That's just black magic.

I never have the Sky+ connected to a phone line but assumed you would need to to do remote recording. Will be downloading that one pronto. Thanks for the tip.

You set up remote record on the TV interactive first and get a username and password for My Sky on the website and you are up and running. it sends a signal through the dish.

The system says to allow 30 mins for the recording to start, but I tested mine and it worked in seconds.