I love putting again..!

HCFC

Club Champion
Visit site
As my post yesterday stated i was itching to buy something new and shiny. In my previous post i mentioned a new driver, however seen as my driving at the mo is good i switched mindset. I bought myself a new putter today switching from a mallet back to a blade and took it for a quick spin around the course and ... wow.. what a difference! Swing path was clean and controlled, confidence was high and i made x2 +10ft putts with ease that i would normally be way off! So wish i had bitten the bullet and done this earlier. I did have a sneaky bash with a couple of drivers whilst i was there and quite liked the Ping Rapture but that will have to wait.

roccokj

Head Pro
Visit site
Yeah, putting really is great when you can do it! :D
I putted pretty well today yet I don't have confidence with it, even when I holed the same putt all the time. It kinda takes the love out of putting! :(

HCFC

Club Champion
Visit site
I tried the VP2, Ping Karsten and a Fischer but the Cleveland felt right and the look at address gave me confidence (Plus at the price it was a bargain!). It has got an alignment aid that helps accuracy at address which is something that i was struggling with.

HCFC

Club Champion
Visit site
Not a make I'd instantly think of for putters but if you are getting the ball in the hole what does it matter. Definitely looks a bargain

I must admit it wasn`t the first make that i thought of when i went in. I went straight towards the Ping Karsten and had a go with that but something just didn`t feel right. I really liked the Fisher range but surprisingly the Cleveland won at the end of the day :D

didsbury_duffer

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Good to hear that you love putting again. A putter is very individualistic - you just have to find one that suits your game/stroke, irrespective of make, model, price, looks etc.
Well done, and a bargain to boot.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I should be putting like a god soon. Just taken delivery of my v-easy from hapless's website (ordered late Sunday night and here first thing) and can't wait to get it to the putting green tomorrow. Not sure what all the young lasses from the Berkshire girls squad will think of this olf fogey a) leering at all the young talent b) putting like a dork and c) using this strange contraption in the process. If it all goes wrong I'm going to wander round watching the girls and seeing how it should be done in terms of golfing power with minimal effort.

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Had a bit of a goddess moment with putting myself yesterday. After a couple of rounds where I was getting close to the y****, (brought on by bowmaker format at new club where found I was letting the team down) I did some thinking and put in a bit of practice. Found having left hand lower was a bit drastic, but now grip with hands separate - this seems to discourage wrist movement and encourage me to lead with left and stay more stable through the shot. Went out on a new course yesterday and was loving the greens. Hope I can stick with it.
What does the v - easy do for putting? (Too lazy to go looking when I'm sure someone will tell me!)

AliB

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
What does the v - easy do for putting? (Too lazy to go looking when I'm sure someone will tell me!)
AliB

AliB, it gives you the feeling of just .....
Rocking your shoulders by keeping the wrists "quiet"
Taking the putter back square
Keeping the elbows tucked into your side

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
AliB, it gives you the feeling of just .....
Rocking your shoulders by keeping the wrists "quiet"
Taking the putter back square
Keeping the elbows tucked into your side

Yep - sounds good to me. I have been separating my hands to get away from a wrist action. Nice birdie and couple of good pars today. How long will it last?

AliB