I dont want to BEND it like beckham!!!! :(

Richie13

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
ok my shots weather it be with a driver long irons even short irons sometimes bend like no ones's business i mean the feeling of the club head striking the ball feels very very nice great sound and feel but almost instantly they fade hard hard right!!!

when i do hit it true they fly yesterday first drive went about 260yds strait but there after everything i hit went right only time i didnt mind was a dog leg right par4 bang middle of the FW

i have tried aiming far left to compensate the slice i think you would call it but it either goes dead strait >_< or curves right and OOB

any tips snippets of info you guys could share with me?

yesterday was my first rd of golf in 5yrs went round in 123 at ellesmere port golf club

thanks for reading guys

danbaylis

Club Champion
Visit site
It could be a magnitude of things i.e. lack of hip turn, swing plane, or hands in the wrong position at the top of the swing which could make you steep on attack.

Without seeing your swing, I would suggest making sure you are square at address (just a touch open) and make sure you swing away from your hips on your forward swing and extend through impact. Doing this will help you get the club face square at impact.

Also make sure your hands are over your right shoulder at the top of your swing. Have a look on youtube at Luke Donalds and co's swing to give you a few pointers.

It might be worth a quick lesson with a recommended pro in your area.

Hope this helps.
Dan

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have the same problem myself. Went to local pro who spotted part of the problem was in my address. When I though I set up square the pro noticed the club head was actually slightly open at address. This meant that even when my swing and contact were good and I returned the club head to the ball in the same position as address I still produced a fade/slice.

Another aspect was an out to in swing. Working on this still but have started hitting the range with a draft excluder. I set this along just outside the toe of my club. If I hit it on return then I know I'm out to in and cutting across the ball adding spin and putting the ball far right.

danbaylis

Club Champion
Visit site
Have the same problem myself. Went to local pro who spotted part of the problem was in my address. When I though I set up square the pro noticed the club head was actually slightly open at address. This meant that even when my swing and contact were good and I returned the club head to the ball in the same position as address I still produced a fade/slice.

Another aspect was an out to in swing. Working on this still but have started hitting the range with a draft excluder. I set this along just outside the toe of my club. If I hit it on return then I know I'm out to in and cutting across the ball adding spin and putting the ball far right.

My pro makes me do a similar drill but using a headcover. He also suggested to me to imagine the ball is a clockface and to focus on hitting the ball at about 4 o'clock.