I am the only one getting worse

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Don't want " black dog you", I really don't but my dog is definately blacker. Been to the driving range today. The only thing that has improved was, there was more cheese on the chips today in the 19th.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The problem you are describing is the same for all levels of players ,no matter your h cap.
If you don’t play well it’s very hard to enjoy it , so end up frustrated.
A lesson will give you something to focus on.
As Bobmac is saying if you don’t change anything it will stay the same.
I think you are totally correct but it's the same of any sport we play for fun. If you don't play well you get frustrated and don't enjoy it. The trouble is golf lures you in and no matter how badly it goes, there is always a shot that brings you back next week. It's hard, if like me you work hard to try and improve and don't see the results you think you deserve. That causes frustration but you just have to remember it's game we do for "fun" and simply forget the bad days and enjoy the good rounds

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think you are totally correct but it's the same of any sport we play for fun. If you don't play well you get frustrated and don't enjoy it. The trouble is golf lures you in and no matter how badly it goes, there is always a shot that brings you back next week. It's hard, if like me you work hard to try and improve and don't see the results you think you deserve. That causes frustration but you just have to remember it's game we do for "fun" and simply forget the bad days and enjoy the good rounds
Actually the real problem is that with golf there's nowhere to hide!
Whether you are good at tennis, badminton, table tennis etc is entirely subjective - how you view it is the reality.

Golf is entirely objective - what's you handicap?

And the pressure is on...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Whether you are good at tennis, badminton, table tennis etc is entirely subjective - how you view it is the reality.

But does it have to be like that? Many in our weekend roll-ups turn up, play, stick their cash in and go home again having not played well. They enter every competition going, and I am sure if you asked them honestly they go out with the expectation of a 0.1 rather than anything else. They don't have the handicap as a millstone around your neck. For me though your point is valid as I'm trying to get as low as I can so when I don't replicate what I do in practice in competitions it does frustrate but all you can do is look for the plus points and minuses and go again next week

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Yes but all the other sports depends on how well your OP plays.
If they out play you there’s not much you can do.
Golf is YOU on your own against the course!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But does it have to be like that? Many in our weekend roll-ups turn up, play, stick their cash in and go home again having not played well. They enter every competition going, and I am sure if you asked them honestly they go out with the expectation of a 0.1 rather than anything else. They don't have the handicap as a millstone around your neck. For me though your point is valid as I'm trying to get as low as I can so when I don't replicate what I do in practice in competitions it does frustrate but all you can do is look for the plus points and minuses and go again next week
Yes I do know where your coming from.
I was playing really well until I got injured last year .
Playing well and practicing lots but it’s not showing in my scores yet.
But it will I know.