Hypnotherapy

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
hypnosis
/hɪpˈnəʊsɪs/
noun
noun: hypnosis
  1. the induction of a state of consciousness in which a person apparently loses the power of voluntary action and is highly responsive to suggestion or direction. Its use in therapy, typically to recover suppressed memories or to allow modification of behaviour, has been revived but is still controversial.
    synonyms:mesmerism, hypnotism, hypnotic suggestion, autosuggestion
    • a hypnotic state.
      "I was regressed under hypnosis"
:unsure:

user2010

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
hypnosis
/hɪpˈnəʊsɪs/
noun
noun: hypnosis
  1. the induction of a state of consciousness in which a person apparently loses the power of voluntary action and is highly responsive to suggestion or direction. Its use in therapy, typically to recover suppressed memories or to allow modification of behaviour, has been revived but is still controversial.
    synonyms:mesmerism, hypnotism, hypnotic suggestion, autosuggestion
    • a hypnotic state.
      "I was regressed under hypnosis"
:unsure:

Eh?o_O
I know what Hypnosis is, what's your point?:confused:

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Years ago I had hypnotherapy to try and stop biting my nails. It worked for a very short time, but my mind overode what had been implanted and so it failed. However what I do remember was that after each session I had never felt so relaxed, warm and awake like anything before. Tiredness had gone,stress and everything else associated with life. So in that respect I liked it.:)

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had some problems with the takeaway not too long ago. Felt like I was stood over the ball forever.

I thought about some kind of mental approach, but then realised I was just overthinking after lessons.

Helped a bit.

Have been listening to podcasts and dabbling with audible for the commute and recently stables across meditation/mindfulness. Has wider implications than just golf so thinking of giving a try.

Good luck pal

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I actually did have a hypnosis session with a mental coach. It was offered as part of a coaching trip and I found it very helpful. It wasn't a technical issue, though, but a purely emotional one. I used to get really down on myself when I started a round badly, going down the "you always sucked at all things sport, what makes you think you can do this golf thing?" route. It took a lot of enjoyment out of the game and also it did not help my scores one bit. So the mental coach did put me into hypnosis and kind of led me back to my childhood to the point where the "I suck at sport" feeling originated. It was pretty amazing, because I kind of jumped there right away, there was absolutely no doubt in my mind that that specific moment during a gymnastics lesson in school was where it had started. It was very emotional. I pretty much cried my eyes out when I remembered it. After the hypnotherapist had brought me back, we talked about what that crying, scared child on the asymmetrical bars would have needed to feel better. And the answer was quite simple: "more time, less pressure". So that's what I am trying to give myself now, when I play and things start to go south. And it is really rare now that I get angry or frustrated on the golf course, and if I do, I can pull myself out of it pretty quickly. So I'd say, from the emotional side of things, the hypnosis session was a real game changer. Did it make me a better player? I don't know. But it made me a happier one.