Hybrid lofts, club replacements

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Am I correct in my thinking that the hybrids in lofts 19, 22 & 25, will be the same lofts as my jacked 3, 4 & 5 iron?

I currently don't have a 3 or 4 iron or hybrid (well i do have a 3h RBZ but can't hit it) in the bag and instead when faced with a 180-200 yard shot im either trying to smash a 5 iron or hold back on a 5 wood so i need to fill this gap.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Pretty much spot on.

Though the 'easier to hit' nature of hybrids often means that they match the 'best' of their respective irons rather than the normal strike. With 'jacked lofts' (aka latest technology) it could be nearer 'normal' though as that relates to my 8+yo ones. Mind you, the 19* Rescue I use is even older!

Btw. Time to either learn to hit the hybrid or consider changing it. Hybrid should be just about the easiest club in the bag to hit well - and is often the 'go to' club. RBZ is one of easier too; Burner pretty easy but not so versatile imo. What the typical problem?

Last edited:

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ash, i reckon from when we played you are prob slightly longer than me, that 180-200 is perfect for my 4 hybrid which is 22* i think. Very similar loft to my 4 iron, but very different characteristics.

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I did have a TM superfast 4h which was my go to long shot club but that broke* a while back and Ive not replaced it. I do often mis hit the 5i so am i looking at a new 4h and 5h to plug the massive gap in the top of my bag, 5w to 5i is a massive gap isn't it!! TheRBZ 3h is going to be ebay'd. Lefthanded golf have got a good deal on the Mizuno hifi clubs which I tried and liked last year, still with steel shafts so more like playing an iron.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Ah! So your 'problem' is that you hit it with the back of the club! :whistle:

FliHis are quite popular - never hit one myself. Possibly worth checking out the Titleist and Callaway 'Utility' ones as well. Hit the Callaway at the KoD day and was impressed - even from a bunker!

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes I liked the xhot 2 at the KOD (why didnt we all say hello!?) my dad has the x hot and they look nice and sit nicely behind the ball. I may look at these but as I do hit backwards shopping around is needed, getting to try stuff hard!

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes I liked the xhot 2 at the KOD (why didnt we all say hello!?) my dad has the x hot and they look nice and sit nicely behind the ball. I may look at these but as I do hit backwards shopping around is needed, getting to try stuff hard!

not that hard to get stuff - lefthand golf shop in Banstead has a huge supply - and my shed's got a fair few too inc a Superfast 3 & 4h and R11TP 3 & 4, and an older Callaway 7 wood which sounds like it might just be perfect for your current situation!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
The only thing I got was a smashed trolley wheel when Mashley was using his flippin hybrid!!

Left handers !!! should they be allowed on the course??

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ive purchsed some mizuno hi fl jpx steel shaft hybrids, i tried them last year when i was fitted for mizuno irons, got a 4 and 5 replacement, on the range the 5 went like stink so I can't wait to try them out on the course tody. Lefthanded golf had them for £37 each as theyre last years model, they have the same shafts in them that the mizuno fitter sugested for the mp54's too so theyre perfect for me.