Huge Mistake

CarpeDiem

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have just been trying to set up another account on my laptop so that other people in the house can use it without me having the risk the they might delete a file by accident. I got onto the user acccounts section on the control panel and selected 'Create an Account', I clicked on this and it says to enter the name of said new account which I do. I then log off to check that I now have two accounts and to my horror my account has been replaced by the new one, all my files have been sent into digital oblivion and I can see no way of getting them back.

Does anyone know if it is possable for me to rescue my account along with the files? If so how?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
All I can say is bring back the parchment and quill!!!!!

Good Luck with it - I'm a technophobe so this scares the living bejeesus out of me!

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
If you go into COntrol Panel, you can do a 'System Restore' I think you can set what dates' settings you want to go back to, just go back to tomorrow and it should undo the changes you've made.

CarpeDiem

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the help, with the system restore function I have clicked on this and then clicked OK but nothing has happened. Do I have to turn of the laptop and then back on? Or should it happen straight away?

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Sorry, gave shoddy advice, through CP you can only toggle on/off on respective hard drives.

Right.....

Press Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then System Restore.

Simply follow on-screen instructions from there and you should be all good.

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
If you go into COntrol Panel, you can do a 'System Restore' I think you can set what dates' settings you want to go back to, just go back to tomorrow and it should undo the changes you've made.

Go back to tomorrow :D
have you got tomorrows racing results yet :eek:

Adrena1in

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I once deleted my profile on my laptop, forgetting that all my images were in "My Documents"...within the profile! Wasn't aware of the file-recovery software you can get these days, and ended up losing several years-worth of photos, including all my ones of the dog as a puppy.

Not ashamed to admit I cried! :(