How to get those towering soft-landing iron shots

evemccc

Visit site
Angle of attack is only one part of it.
The loft you present to the ball is also important.
If you have the shaft leaning forward you will deloft the face.
A softer ball ( prov1 ) will spin if you hit it properly, not sure any Srixon could manage what a pro v can do.

Prov1X is the ball that will help the OP the most. The best for a v high spinning, high lofted flight, with little side-spin deviation off the tee and relatively small manufacturing imperfections

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Prov1X is the ball that will help the OP the most. The best for a v high spinning, high lofted flight, with little side-spin deviation off the tee and relatively small manufacturing imperfections
Yes your correct ,but my point was it’s his delivery that will get him the spin, but not if he’s playing with a rock.

I have the opposite problem I spin it to much especially driver with a minus AOA.
Tried but failed to change it, incredibly difficult to change anything you have done for years.
Just playing with what I have got now.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
It's a combination of several things.
Angle of attack, speed, dynamic loft, hitting the sweet spot, a soft ball, receptive greens etc all help.
But, if you increase the spin, the (soft) ball will climb higher and stop quicker.
However, on some links greens, you won't get a sack of potatoes to stop quickly.

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
Title says it all really....I hit the irons well enough to reach nearly every GIR but its stopping them I have trouble with....my 7 or 8 irons tend to be a little flat, which is exacerbated by our fast, hard linksy greens. I don't take massive divots. Is my attack angle just too shallow? Or do pros achieve it through pure clubhead speed?

In my experience Club Head speed and angle of Attack, I don't have the first so have to use as much loft as I can get way with or accept my distance is the front of the green an let it release to the flag or the centre of the green