How to buy older PC games

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I enjoy playing older style games for PC. I want to download Caesar III and Football Manager 2005 to play on my laptop. I'm happy to pay for them if necessary but how do I find a reputable site to download them from. Googling it brings up a lot of possible downloads, so how do I tell which ones are genuine and which ones might be hiding viruses in the download link?

EDIT - I'm a bit of a luddite so any help in the most basic language will be appreciated.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
I have a load of old PC games that I am going to put up on Ebay at some point, but neither of those.

I think I may have a version of Football Manager for an earlier computer - I also have an Atari 800, a Commodore 64 and an Amiga 500, all with loads of games and accessories - I doubt any of the computers work now though.

I almost binned the lot a few years ago - then I had a quick look at Ebay......

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks for that. Will get Caesar III for sure. Do I need to download and install Steam onto my laptop or can I just buy the game and download it?
I think that you need to download Steam and you will need to sign up with them. They often have sales of games, particularly at this time of year.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think that you need to download Steam and you will need to sign up with them. They often have sales of games, particularly at this time of year.

Thanks. I got my 12 year old son to help me out. I had to download Steam and then buy the game. After that I could play the game from the shortcut on my desktop without needing Steam to be open. Just need to find Football Manager 2005 now (Premier Manager just isn't the same) and my six week work trip from next Monday will fly by.