How much.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Was hoping to play at Pakasai near Ao nang/ Krabi today. Spoke to the club yesterday and they said they wouldn't pick me up on me own as two players were required. But they would pick me up on me own for a special rate. £160. 😳. Not sure what The Thai language for
“ shove it” is. Suffice to say tiday am having a massage instead. 😉. Now dont get me wrong. I have played some of the best courses in the world in Mauritius for a lot less than that. But this course is average and Tashyboy felt yhat his pants were royally being pulled down. Which they will later. But whats the most you would pay, Without feeling someones had yer pants down.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
When you can play Trump Aberdeen for £90 at times you know that some courses are just taking the pee pee out of your wallet.

Trump is a great benchmark for me, it has fabulous facilities, both clubhouse and practice, the welcome is tremendous, the course really is fantastic and great food after.

Compare that to Castle Stuart at £200 and it shows what a joke some green fees are now.

Tashyboy

Visit site
The most I’d pay for golf or for a “massage”? 😉
I know the answer to that question
( massage). 300 baht. £8.50. Will let you know if it is worth it in 90 mins. 😉

Last edited:

Wolf

Visit site
Was looking through the travel guide thingy that came with this months GM last night and thought the same as the OP about green fee prices. Some of them equated to £350-£400.

I couldn't justify anything realistically that's 3 figures for a single round of golf, doesn't matter how much I'd want to play the course I'd feel guilty for spending that much on 4hra of golf and not on my family. So I guess for me upto £99 would be my max.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
When you can play Trump Aberdeen for £90 at times you know that some courses are just taking the pee pee out of your wallet.

Trump is a great benchmark for me, it has fabulous facilities, both clubhouse and practice, the welcome is tremendous, the course really is fantastic and great food after.

Compare that to Castle Stuart at £200 and it shows what a joke some green fees are now.

There is definitely a mentality among golf tourists (lets be honest they are generally American) that a high green fee means a good course.

So some of the courses feel it is essential as their strategy to have a green fee well above £150 or they won't actually get much in the way of tourist traffic.
The old pricing / marketing strategy holds true... it is easier to get 10,000 people to pay £200 than it is to get 20,000 to pay £100.

Probably most of them are using the Old Course as a benchmark as they know that all tourists will be trying to build that in around their trip and it will be the 1st course they look at booking.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I spoke to the manager of one of the big links courses around Dublin. He told me that if they don't charge 200 euros then the yanks aren't interested.As Grant says above, they equate price to quality.

D

Deleted member 21258

But whats the most you would pay, Without feeling someones had yer pants down.

Really depends on the course. Personally I do start to struggle once prices get above £100-£120 a round.

Have spent more on rounds, and some of those I consider I have just wasted money on. I will still be doing some of the expensive courses but am starting to be more selective.

I am going more towards the country memberships setups that has reciprocals, as this ticks all my boxes(playing a good first course and I like to play other different courses).

Over the last couple of years I am coming to the conclusion I enjoy myself almost as much on cheaper courses than expensive, as company is much more important to me than the course.:)

Tashyboy

Visit site
Can i just add a bit i forgot. The initial price was £86 pp. when i said i was coming on me Own. They said they would put me in with others. Which i expected and wanted. But the price went up to £160.