How long for results?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think it is done on a voluntary basis at our place, but it used to be very prompt, but recently results seem to be taking ages. Still no idea about last Sundays result. It's nothing I feel the need to complain about was just wondering if it was the norm.

it's entirely possible that personal reasons are impacting the process then - you should hope that they are temporary!

if the results are published to HDID then it's also possible that it's software related; there seem to be a lot of problems being discussed around uploads and publishing for clubs that haven't upgraded from C2000 to ClubV1 from what I have read

Finally there may be other operational reasons for the delay - the committee may have changed their checking procedures because of an issue, or review.

Best solution is to simply ask - a gentle "what's going on?" shouldn't upset anyone and should get you a response.

the smiling assassin

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Published on the web though? We use that and can see the live leaderboard in the clubhouse but nothing online until the comp is closed and results published.

yep, can play in the morning and check the scores when i get home as they come in - accessed via our members section in our website. software provides facility for online booking, and apparently club/catering management etc. etc.
http://www.epicsoftware.co.uk/golf/
much slicker than my away club who use a different online booking system and HDID combo

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
Within half an hour of comp finish normally as there are couple of us doing it. Worst case 2 days but very rare and published direct to HDID, not sure why it's cumbersome as its automatic. Plus CDH database updated at same time.

I'd agree that finishing comps and posting results etc isn't too bad.......but the rest of it??? I know it's the market leader etc but that is really only due to the fact that they cornered it early on coupled with institutions like golf clubs being very slow to ever change anything! You really won't believe how much more reliable, intuitive, interactive HandicapMaster is until you use it. We changed 4 years ago and although Club 2000 have up'ed their game significantly we would never go back...... oh, it's cheaper too.

As for OP..... I know the argument is always put forward that it's down to volunteers etc and you shouldn't complain. But 90% of all club activities are down to the efforts of a small minority. If I volunteer for something I do so because it needs doing and needs doing properly. Most clubs have a team (committee) who should ensure these jobs are done and if they can't organise themselves to finish a comp within a day or so then they shouldn't be in the positions they are tbh. I'm talking about "most" clubs here and fully realise that for small clubs it's not always as flexible but for the vast majority I'd expect results by the "day after" and I'd complain if they're not posted. It can affect knockouts, team matches, opens etc so isn't just a matter of "dotting the i's" on the comp.

Lawrence22

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
it's entirely possible that personal reasons are impacting the process then - you should hope that they are temporary!

if the results are published to HDID then it's also possible that it's software related; there seem to be a lot of problems being discussed around uploads and publishing for clubs that haven't upgraded from C2000 to ClubV1 from what I have read

Finally there may be other operational reasons for the delay - the committee may have changed their checking procedures because of an issue, or review.

Best solution is to simply ask - a gentle "what's going on?" shouldn't upset anyone and should get you a response.

Results are published on HDID. Maybe it is a software issue. Just a bit more interested than usual this week due a good score in poor conditions.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
yep, can play in the morning and check the scores when i get home as they come in - accessed via our members section in our website. software provides facility for online booking, and apparently club/catering management etc. etc.
http://www.epicsoftware.co.uk/golf/
much slicker than my away club who use a different online booking system and HDID combo

Interesting. One of my clubs uses that but, clearly, only to a fraction of its capabilities. Thanks for the info.

D

Deleted member 15344

We turned off the ability to see a live leaderboard on the psi because we saw people arrive then leave if they saw there were good scores in.

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Interesting. One of my clubs uses that but, clearly, only to a fraction of its capabilities. Thanks for the info.

We use that system for almost everything, comps, online booking, membership info, handicaps, handicap certificates, contact details, bar tab tally, subscriptions. Works very well from my point of view.

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We turned off the ability to see a live leaderboard on the psi because we saw people arrive then leave if they saw there were good scores in.

That is a shame for the many because it is nice to see the leaderboard when you come in after the round - to see how far off the pace you are, or where CSS might end up.

D

Deleted member 15344

That is a shame for the many because it is nice to see the leaderboard when you come in after the round - to see how far off the pace you are, or where CSS might end up.

People don't seem to mind - they know the result will be on the website on Monday

D

Deleted member 15344

Your club may have only selected update handicaps and not update match results. I have our system doing it automatically.

It's the "publish to Website" that's missing - new function they applied a month or so back