How good is your club chef?

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
About as bad as Sid who ran the café in Only Fools and Horses.

"I run a café, why didn't you ask me to do the sandwiches?"
"Because we intended to eat them."

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Wednesday Night Gastro Evening

Bookings Between 6pm – 8pm Wednesday 31st July 2019 – please book with the Kitchen

2 Courses £13.00 – 3 Courses £16.00

Starters

Lobster Bisque with Olive Oil and Herb Sippets.

A Warm Chicken Liver Tartlet, Sherry Vinegar and Thyme Monter au Beurre, Spinach and Sundried Tomato.

Galia Melon and King Prawn Cocktail with Crispy Parma Ham Shards and a Lemon and Coriander Crème Fraiche.

Avocado and Roquefort Salad with Romaine Lettuce, Pine Nuts, Cherry Tomatoes, Chives and a Balsamic Vinaigrette.

Main Courses

Spicy Salmon, King Prawn, Tomato and Green Capsicum Skewers with a Thai Style Coconut, Lime and Coriander Sauce, Sweet Potato Puree and Samphire.

Lemon and Thyme Marinated Pork Loin Steak Chargrilled with Smoky Paprika and Sundried Tomatoes, Spinach and Sautéed Potatoes and a Green Peppercorn and Lea and Perrins Jus.

Chicken Caprese with a Trio of Tomatoes, Fresh Basil, Mozzarella, Chestnut Mushrooms, Fresh Oregano and Parmesan Parmentier Potatoes.

Guacamole, Crispy Tortilla and Tomato Stack with Refried Beans and Soured Lime and Coriander Cream.

Sweets

Sticky Toffee Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce and Vanilla Ice Cream.

Baileys and Banana Syllabub with Chantilly Cream and Crushed Amaretti Biscuit.

Selection of Cheese and Biscuits with Chutney and Celery.

Selection of Ice Creams and Sorbets in a Brandy Snap Basket with Fresh Fruit Coulis.

Tea or Cafetière of Fresh Italian Coffee with Mint Chocolate Crisps £1.30

Sod that.

Fish'n'chips or a good steak pie and I'm happy after the golf.

Don't really go to the golf for "fine dining" or a "culinary experience" would head to a restaurant for a nice meal personally.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Sod that.

Fish'n'chips or a good steak pie and I'm happy after the golf.

Don't really go to the golf for "fine dining" or a "culinary experience" would head to a restaurant for a nice meal personally.
Understand what you are saying but this is different to your post round grub. This is a social event and looks to me like the club are making a really good effort to offer the members something special.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
But I hope you frequent the bar often enough to compensate.

Not particularly in a drinking sense as we can't even have a beer now and drive as Scotland has a lower drink driving limit.

I will have a cuppa and roll most days if I'm down.