How fast have you played a fourball round of golf in

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21258

Would be interested to hear how long, you normally take to play a fourball round of golf if you play when there is no holdups on the course.

I ask as yesterday my wife played as a fourball and the round took 3.5 hours(they were all ladies, just to set the whole scene:p;):ROFLMAO::love:), which lead on to me commenting about the recent posts on the forum about slow play and got us talking further about how long it takes to play a fourball round of golf.

So how long would you take as a fourball normally if no hold ups and whats the fastest time you have managed ? (don't wish the thread to be about slow play but fast play and normal play times)

Being honest, we struggled to think of a round when playing as a 4 ball, that we have played quicker than 3.5 hours. (our conversation also covered when we normally play as a threeball, that we quite often go round in 2.45-3.15, so not sure why we haven't had quicker fourball rounds:unsure:)

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
At my current place (6,000 yard par 70) which has a decent flow and no big gaps between tees and greens, I've probably got round in a 4 ball in 3 hours 40.

I reckon there is potential to get that below 3 hours 30 without feeling rushed, assuming no more than 1 or 2 lost balls.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Off the top of my head I think around 3:45 is probably the quickest we've done as a four ball. One of our usual four ball is a 31 handicap though, while the lowest is 15, so with all of us being mid-to-high handicap I don't think you can expect to be any faster than that.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
There's a nice gap normally on Mondays in the Winter when 4 of us play and we normally saunter round in 3.20 - 3.30 , handicaps 5 to 14 and gimmies, off the yellows and guessing the course is 200 yards shorter.
In the Summer when the gap is less we go out to 3.35 - 3.50 .
Most afternoons would be quite too

D

Deleted member 1147

I've managed under 3.5 hrs quite a few times. But you'd struggle on a saturday to do that.

The recommended pace of play when we've held events (advised by the R&A, England Golf & the MGU) has been between 4.25 and 4.5 hrs, for 3 balls.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Depends which course.
I've played some where 3h without messing around on the greens is realistic, and others where 4h 15m for a comp with a little more attention on the greens would be about 'par' for a reasonably fast group.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
At my place around 3hrs 45 would be a very good 4 ball time. 4hrs is probably more usual. It is a decent length with some holes having a little bit of a walk between holes.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As you say with no hold ups on the course and playing with who 'get on with it' about 3 hours.

Our speed is very much dependent on the speed of the guys in front of us and some of the slowest players in the club go out before 8.30 and hold up the rest of the field. The guys who always try to be first out go round in under 3 hours.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
When my group tee's off first we usually knock around 3.5 hour mark, quite a broad range of handicaps in the mix however plenty of awareness. Got a +2 capper, myself at 2, someone off 8 and another off 19. Myself and the +2 capper are probably the steadiest as we check yardages, have a pre shot etc. The 8 capper is much the same but a touch quicker and the 19 capper just addresses the ball and hits it getting his yardages from a visual check of the markers, probably the hastiest of the bunch.

The general flow is around 4 to 4.5 hour, peak times it can be 5 if behind some slow groups.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Anything under 4 hours is acceptable in my opinion. Anything over 4 hours is just a disgrace and the culprits should be expelled from the club for such selfish behaviour.

SGC001

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
2 hours 20 for 4, plenty of time, nice pace, no rushing in that. Any slower and i'm having to find ways of wasting time.

HamiltonGuy

Visit site
2 hours 55 we done a 4ball in with gimmies. Course is 6100 yards with holes following on no real gaps. Didn’t feel we were rushing just no one in front of us

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I remember playing last year with a guy called Darren and his lovely wife and we got round .......... eventually 😣