How are Courses Picked For Review

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Reading through this months GM it struck me that the same courses tend to crop up in the review sections of all of the golf magazines. I was thus thinking how they are picked. I would be interested to see some reviews of the lesser known courses that we all play but, for example, have never seen a review in any magazine of the course I play.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I try and feature the odd course in the review section of the GM Forum pages where someone has played it and wants to write something. In the case of the one in this months it was a forum member who found a hidden muni.

If you want to write about a course you have palyed then you can drop me a line at golfmonthlyforum@yahoo.co.uk and I'll try and include it going forward. Alternatively drop Mike Harris a line (michael_harris@ipcmedia.com) and see what the criteria are for the main review part of the magazine

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I suppose my point is that the same courses seem to turn up in all the mags whereas I would like to see some hidden gems that few know or reviews of the sort of the everyday courses that avoid the spotlight.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
The drawback, GB, is that hidden gems are, well . . hidden.
I doubt that even the combined experience of all the guys in the office have found a fraction of them, though must have found some as we know that they venture on course occasionally. Whether the same can be said of other periodicals?
Still, as you say it would nice to hear of some the gems that they have uncovered. Unless they are keeping them for themselves . . . .