Holiday money

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Nah them boys and girls. Mr and Missis T are off on our round the world Jaunt in Sept/ October. conversation had got round to “what is the best, easiest etc etc way to spend money and pays for things” in San Francisco, Hawaii, Sydney, Brisbane, Singapore and Manchester. Now Missis T is off to see our financial advisor ( Santander) tomorrow over summat else and is gonna mention this. But any advice greatly appreciated.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
When I went to the USA for 6 weeks I got a FairFX card just put the amount you feel you would need and anything left you can cash in.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We travelled for 4months (and a week) and for most transactions in Australia and New Zealand we just used a credit card - including in most shops. We'd get a bit of cash out to have available when we needed it but we didn't get that much out until we were prep'ing for Bali, Cambodia and Thailand - these were primarily cash.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Levi jeans go down well, just take plenty of pairs in popular sizes (y)

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Barclaycard Credit card. Currently NO charges for currency conversion or money withdrawals until 2021 (I think it was). Plus money back on spends. win win win !

You're welcome!

U

User62651

Anyone know if Google Pay phone app works ok in the Balearics? Only recently started using it here.

Do you get stung more on currency change commissions with it than you would a regular debit or credit card?

Ta

gmc40

Head Pro
Visit site
Revolut. Link it to your U.K. account. Top up instantly, best exchange rates and can move money between currency at the touch of a button.

I live abroad now and used it when I first got here. The wife uses my card now as I have a local account but it’s so easy.