Hitting from a divot

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
Right I put the ball further back in my stance take a club more and swing easy but...

I play with a fade anyway and playing the ball back means the clubface is even more opening so the ball goes further right. Do I just need to aim further left to allow for this or is there something I can do differently?

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tiger, I have always been told never to try to over accomadate be it draw/fade slice/hook, but what would I know.

When I'm in a divot I normally club up or lay up depending on risk/reward.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Tiger as your swing is a touch out to in it will also be steeper than the average swing.
Experiment with the ball in the centre of your stance but with a narrower stance. Then just make sure you hit the ball first and make the divot hole bigger after the ball.

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
Tiger as your swing is a touch out to in it will also be steeper than the average swing.
Experiment with the ball in the centre of your stance but with a narrower stance. Then just make sure you hit the ball first and make the divot hole bigger after the ball.

Cheers Bob. On the note of swing path I have been trying to get it in to in. Will that help soften the fade?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

Cheers Bob. On the note of swing path I have been trying to get it in to in. Will that help soften the fade?

Yes, as long as the clubface is square at impact