Himalayas putting

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Off to fife in a couple of weeks. Thinking of giving this a go. A few questions for those who know it...

Is it worth it?
Do they let you on as a four-ball?
Roughly how long round (guessing an hour)?

Thanks

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Use your own putter and ball, it won't be busy so I'd say 40 minutes but if 4 of you possibly an hour.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Yes
Yes
About 30 mins from memory.

Great fun, you see all sorts playing. We watched a 'ladies medal' and they walked round with shopping bags!

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Jeezo not done the Hilalayas for about 40+ years, great fun, deffo worth doing. Do it in the height of a long dry spell can very entertaining.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks chaps.

I have another thread from a couple of months back where I have had other recommendations etc, so will add a review of this along with the other stuff we're doing at the end of that to tidy the thing up.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Never played the Himalayas - but the best putting course I've ever played is the Pitlochry one.

Built on two levels with holes running up and down quite a big change in level. Summer of '76 it was pure mental...baked hard and parts of the slope between the levels with hardly a blade of grass. Brilliant fun - and as one of the posters on TripAdvisor says - the best in the world :)

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attra...ationId=101&albumid=101&filter=7&ff=111236953

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21258

We didn't know about the Himalayas the first two times when we visited, as it is a bit tucked away and then stumbled on it on the 3rd time, as Adam wanted to walk around the course paths.

Since then we have played it on each visit, much fun, some of the slopes are interesting.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Definitely worth a visit as part of the experience. Damn difficult as well. If you get round in less than 40 you've done well.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just back from the sunniest 3 days ever seen on the East Coast of scotland...

This was one of the things that everyone remembers when the trip is done. Brilliant fun, the whole field was full of people laughing (which must have been a bit of a distraction for the hordes putting out on the first green of the old course). Definitely recommend it as part of a day out in St Andrews.

Now been increased in price to the shocking sum of £3 for a round.