Hillsborough Remembered

Fore

Head Pro
Visit site
Dear Fellow Football Fans,

i like many others can still remember where i was standing watching the tragic events unfold at Hillsborough which cost the lives of 96 Liverpool supporters. It was a terrible tragedy.
My heart still goes out to all the Family, Friends & colleagues of the unfortunate victims of that day.

May all the victims rest in peace in the glorious football stadium in the sky.

With utmost respect,

Fore.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
In memory of the 96 souls lost on that fateful day.

Today is not a day for rivalries, today is a day when the banter stops and we remember, reflect, and think of the lives loft and send our thoughts to the families of these people.

The Hillsborough 96 will never be forgotten.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Still remeber the scarf chain that the red & blue fans made between Anfield & Goodison.

RIP

96 will never walk alone.

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
The Justice Bell by Dave Kirby

A schoolboy holds a leather ball
in a photograph on a bedroom wall
the bed is made, the curtains drawn
as silence greets the break of dawn.

The dusk gives way to morning light
revealing shades of red and white
which hang from posters locked in time
of the Liverpool team of 89.

Upon a pale white quilted sheet
a football kit is folded neat
with a yellow scarf, trimmed with red
and some football boots beside the bed.

In hope, the room awakes each day
to see the boy who used to play
but once again it wakes alone
for this young boy's not coming home.

Outside, the springtime fills the air
the smell of life is everywhere
viola's bloom and tulips grow
while daffodils dance heel to toe.

These should have been such special times
for a boy who'd now be in his prime
but spring forever turned to grey
in theYorkshire sun, one April day.

The clock was locked on 3.06
as sun shone down upon the pitch
lighting up faces etched in pain
as death descended on Leppings Lane.

Between the bars an arm is raised
amidst a human tidal wave
a young hand yearning to be saved
grows weak inside this deathly cage.

A boy not barely in his teens
is lost amongst the dying screams
a body too frail to fight for breath
is drowned below a sea of death

His outstretched arm then disappears
to signal fourteen years of tears
as 96 souls of those who fell
await the toll of the justice bell.

Ever since that disastrous day
a vision often comes my way
I reach and grab his outstretched arm
then pull him up away from harm.

We both embrace with tear-filled eyes
I then awake to realise
its the same old dream I have each week
as I quietly cry myself to sleep.

On April the 15th every year
when all is calm and skies are clear
beneath a glowing Yorkshire moon
a lone scots piper plays a tune.

The tune rings out the justice cause
then blows due west across the moors
it passes by the eternal flame
then engulfs a young boys picture frame.

His room is as it was that day
for thirteen years its stayed that way
untouched and frozen forever in time
since that tragic day in 89.

And as it plays its haunting sound
tears are heard from miles around
they're tears from families of those who fell
awaiting the toll of the justice bell.

Never, ever buy The Sun newspaper. The way they reported the tragic event, was and still is disgusting and despicable 'journalism'. The Sun = Scum.

Clansman

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi Folks

I was at Hillsborough on that fateful day, your heartfelt sentiments are gratefully recieved by myself and I am sure are appreciated by everyone who was there and the families of the victims.

Thank you

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Great posts. I imagine it's something that Fore and Clansman will never get over. Anyway, it will never happen again.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I still recall exactly were I was and what I was doing as I heard the news unfold. But am afraid I disagree on this one - and please don't take this as a sign of disrespect to the victims or their families & friends - I mean no disrespect & they have my full sympathy. .

But why do we have the mass national maudlin about this when I think quiet mourning is more appropriate? Why is this sad event involving Liverpool supporters deemed more important or more worthy of remembrance than others involving football crowds - like at Bolton, Ibrox or Bradford. Or indeed the events such as the Clapham rail crash, Lockerbie, the M1 aircrash, Piper Alpha to name but a few? Are they not worthy of remembrance too? Sorry, but I think to give over emphasis to one, is to demean the others.

Boabski

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
lockerbie and piper alpha are remembered mate as i am sure the others are too.
but as it is the 20th year since and the way whole community of liverpool are together in mourning it is well documented.

justice for the 96, the families need answers

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Anyone watch the documentary on the history channel last night. Good stuff. Went over old ground but had interviews with the Hicks family, and people like Aldridge and Dalgleish. Very well done and a fitting programme to mark the event.

mono217

Journeyman Pro
i707.photobucket.com
JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.JUSTICE FOR THE 96.

D

Deleted member 1740

As a liverpool season ticket holder and a football fan yesterday was one of the hardest days to deal with.It brought back all the bad memories of that day.

With all the media coverage this week its made people sit up and take notice of the "Facts" and not the lies and cover ups from south yorkshire police which has stopped the families of the 96 fans getting justice.

Andy burnham was a disgrace too, turning a Memorial service into a political rally. Disgusting.

mono217

Journeyman Pro
i707.photobucket.com
homer what was the point in my justice for the 96 post is because there needs to be justice no more cover ups from the government, me and my family sat there in anfield yesterday despite me being as sick as a dog and i do the same every year as a sign of respect to the dead so homer whats the point hmmmm i think i might have just summed it up something that is very close to my heart.