Help

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well, you are a 6 handicapper, which is better than 80% of members here (including me).

I would start with basics - ball position, getting quick at the top, getting handsy?

Owen_Thomas_14

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Its not ball position as i checked that this morning before going out for a few holes. I tend to have a narrow stance but when i tried widening it things got worse :)

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Its not ball position as i checked that this morning before going out for a few holes. I tend to have a narrow stance but when i tried widening it things got worse :)

:D :D :D :D

Why do you think a shallow swing is to blame?? A "shallow" swing is perfect for a fairway wood off the deck as long as you ball position is ok.

If it is related to you shallow swing and you are hitting them "toppy", I'd say that your ball position isn't as ok as you thought.

Owen_Thomas_14

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

:D :D :D :D

Why do you think a shallow swing is to blame?? A "shallow" swing is perfect for a fairway wood off the deck as long as you ball position is ok.

If it is related to you shallow swing and you are hitting them "toppy", I'd say that your ball position isn't as ok as you thought.

I mean getting stuck inside due to the shallow swing if this makes sense? Im confused :D ;)

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
As I say, it's guesswork without seeing the shots.

If this is the problem (club trapped too far behind you, back foot flip with hands) then the hook and the block aren't far away from each other. If you never released your hands then it would be going straight right.

At least you're in good company with this fault, it was/is Tiger's problem too.

19th

Head Pro
Visit site
As Mr Hacker has mentioned above, maybe not getting 'into' the shot.

Try practice swinging with one hand, the other behind your back and see if this follow through feels the same as your two handed swing.

If not perhaps it will offer an indication as to the problem.. ball position, staying on back foot or even a bit of 'over the top' - the latter being impossible with a one handed swing.