Help with WHS and a score not counting

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm sure its going to be obvious to someone, but why is an 88 not being replaced by a more recent 85?

Last round: index 10.4, score diff 13.9, strokes 85, PCC0 (dunno what this is?).
Existing round: index 11.1, score diff 12.9, strokes 88, PCC1

Any ideas?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm sure its going to be obvious to someone, but why is an 88 not being replaced by a more recent 85?

Last round: index 10.4, score diff 13.9, strokes 85, PCC0 (dunno what this is?).
Existing round: index 11.1, score diff 12.9, strokes 88, PCC1

Any ideas?
AS Imurg says but what were the Course Ratings?

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It's done off the differential as Imurg says, so the existing round is a better one when taking into account the slope rating, course rating, performance of everybody else on the day (which is what PCC does). So a 90 on a difficult course can easily be a better round than an 88 on an easy day/layout/setup/tee

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Most recent round was 120, existing round 131.
They don't look like Course Ratings more like Slope Ratings.

Both are needed to calculate the important measure of how good your round was (ie your Score Differential).

Score Differential = (Adjusted Gross Score - Course Rating - PCC) x (113 / Slope Rating)

PS .The 'adjustment' relates to high hole scores being adjusted to net double bogey
PPS. PCC is Playing Conditions Calculation - a bit like the old CSS.

Bratty

Visit site
It's done off the differential as Imurg says, so the existing round is a better one when taking into account the slope rating, course rating, performance of everybody else on the day (which is what PCC does). So a 90 on a difficult course can easily be a better round than an 88 on an easy day/layout/setup/tee
Gotcha. Thanks. I just wanted my handicap to keep coming down!

Bratty

Visit site
They don't look like Course Ratings more like Slope Ratings.

Both are needed to calculate the important measure of how good your round was (ie your Score Differential).

Score Differential = (Adjusted Gross Score - Course Rating - PCC) x (113 / Slope Rating)

PS .The 'adjustment' relates to high hole scores being adjusted to net double bogey
PPS. PCC is Playing Conditions Calculation - a bit like the old CSS.
Sorry, yes. Those were slope ratings.
Most recent round 70.2. Existing round 72.
Thanks for the guidance.