Help with my swing please

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
that looks a good swing chap

only thing i can see
possibly your shoulders aren't tilted enough,
right shoulder lower than the left in order to to get spine tilted slightly backward - side on view would help.

Hopefully then you would get the right shoulder coming through a little lower at impact, staying over the ball more, at the moment you seem to stand up a bit at impact, look how far to the right your hips move from the start to the end.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I agree with the last post. You are lifting your chest a little early through impact which will probably be making you hit a bit thin. Try to get the feeling you keep the ball covered with your chest longer through impact, feel as if you are trying to hit the ball under a low branch of a tree just ahead of you.

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Your takeaway IMO is your problem. Your hands go away from your body. The club shaft half way back is verticle. It should point at (or just inside) the ball, not straight to the ground.
I suggest that you pay particular attention to the takeaway. Keep your hands the same distance from your body initially. Perhaps put a head cover under your left arm pit. Looks to me like you will drop it.
Apart from that its good - but I would guess that you lack a bit of consistency due to your takeaway.

GeneralStore

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Overall there seems to be alot right with your swing, 2 comments would be:
1) Take away/back swing seems very steep
2) You look tense/stiff

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Overall, it's a very tidy swing and isnt too much over the place. First tweaks are at address: suggest you move your hands a bit further away from your leg...should be able to get a hands width between your leg and grip. The idea is that you give yourself more room in the swing up and down.

The other address issue is the left forearm is visible, meaning the arm alignment is left. The shoulders look ok, so you need to line the arms correctly parallel to target...you may find a very small shoulder tilt to your right assists, but don't do the shoulder thing on it's own. This helps you takeaway better and better path at impact. I'd wager your divots are a bit out to in?

The takeaway has been covered above, but I would say that you do eventually route ok at the top and down swing. Yes a bit steep, but not horrendous.

A great foundation if you ask me. :D