Help needed urgently on decision

jcooper5083

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a friend of a friend that works for people that know people at taylormade and I have the opportunity of the below but need to make a decision tonight to get the order in and the clubs made otherwise I cant get them due to the Xmas period coming.

Please can you give me your advice ASAP on this?

FYI my swing is fairly fast, I currently play with TM R7 regular shaft and if anything I will slice the ball rather than draw it. My handicap is heading towards single figures but am currently having lessons to change my swing to have more stiff arms with more shoulder rotation and more extension on the follow through.

so I need to know which set you would go for and what shafts you recommend, stick with regular or go stiff?

Your help is greatly appreciate:

RBZ:
Irons 5 - PW
DRIVER
WOODS 3 and 5
RESCUE

R11s:
Irons 5 - PW
DRIVER
WOODS 3 and 5
RESCUE

The price difference is £30 more for the R11s set and in total the price is less than half the cost in the shops/online so don't want to miss this opportunity.

Also if you had the choice between a 3 and 5 wood which would you choose?

Many thanks all

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
either club will work well - just pick the one you fancy, and stiff (which isn't that stiff in the woods) unless your current shafts are regular and you currently have a low ball flight....

if you can call whoever is teaching you and ask there view on shafts much better!

get both woods and hybrids - then pick the best bag for the conditions through the year and across the range of courses and conditions. I probably had the 5 wood in the bag about 20% of the year, the 3 wood about 60 and both hybrids about 40 (I also have a 3 iron which made up the numbers as did the 4th wedge :)

jcooper5083

Club Champion
Visit site
either club will work well - just pick the one you fancy, and stiff (which isn't that stiff in the woods) unless your current shafts are regular and you currently have a low ball flight....

if you can call whoever is teaching you and ask there view on shafts much better!

get both woods and hybrids - then pick the best bag for the conditions through the year and across the range of courses and conditions. I probably had the 5 wood in the bag about 20% of the year, the 3 wood about 60 and both hybrids about 40 (I also have a 3 iron which made up the numbers as did the 4th wedge :)

Thanks - I just really cant decide between RBZ or R11s....grrrrr

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
go for the R11's IMO and if you go for a 4 wood instead of 3 or 5 with the adjustable loft nearly covers both directions. Defo get the rescue and a AW if you can swing it!

stiff shafts i would say too.

enjoy whichever you choose.

jcooper5083

Club Champion
Visit site
Again thanks peeps - appreciate the advice - order going in now and will get some pics up once they are made in the factory and delivered........very excited

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I would go...

R11 irons
R11 rescue - I have on and they are great
RBZ 3 wood
Driver is a tricky one but I would have the R11's if it was me

No chance you can get to AG or DG golf in the morning and do some comparing? RBZ irons are just hideous though.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Go to a good fitting centre and try them out. Dont spend that type money on a hunch, you may learn to regret it. What matters is whats best suited to your swing and for this you need them fitted for you.