Help Needed Pretty Quickly PLS

casagales

Visit site
Hi all-newbie here-live in Portugal for 10 months of the year-have got to change my sticks whilst I'm back here in the UK.
Been playing Taylormades for most of my golfing life(handicap is 14) but getting on a bit now so would appreciate any advice here guys.
Am thinking of switching from TM's to Snake Eyes 685x with graphites(reg) any input would be more than welcome-thanks

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Firstly welcome along although I hate you for living in a golfing paradise. Secondly why do you have to change your clubs to come back?

If you are a TM fan why not look at something like the Burner from a couple of years back in a grahite shaft.

casagales

Visit site
Hi Homer-clubs are sooooooooo expensive in Portugal-far and away cheaper here-am currently playing burners(five years old now) and just feel like I'm in a bit of a rut and would benefit from a change-might be badly wrong here and it might come back to bite me on the bum if I switch-not going to go any lower now(9 was my lowest) but perhaps its a old age crisis?

TXL

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I fully understand your comments re price of golf gear in Portugal, I have friends that live out there. They do all their golf shopping back here. :)

I think your best bet is to go to one of the main shops - Direct Golf / American Golf etc, have a look see what "takes your eye" then try them out. Once you decide on the club, then see what deals are available via the internet or any other source.

Where do you "live" when you are in the UK? Folks on here should be able to point you in the right direction for a good place to go try different clubs depending on where you are.

casagales

Visit site
Good evening TXL -am here in Cardiff for the next two weeks -I've actually seen both of my options on the net -the TM Burner2 and the Snake eyes 685x-the Burners are a tad cheaper via the net but still cant get away from the feeling that a change might do me good! as said before tho' that might very well backfire on me-I just stumbled on this site when as I was trying to get some input into snake eyes.Was a member at Royal Porthcawl before I left to live in Portugal(20 years ago now)

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Smiffy on here has just bought some Cobra CS irons with graphite shafts. I know he got a good deal, and when one of his mates hit one it went really well.:)