Help needed on scotty cameron putter

Brookesy

Head Pro
www.chippingsodburygolfclub.co.uk
Hi guys,

Just bought a scotty cameron putter off a friend recently for 30 quid and whilst chatting to someone up golf club they said the model i bought can sell for a lot of money.

Its a scotty cameron newport tei3 in pretty good condition needs a slight bit of refurb. I have looked online but there isnt really much about although i have noticed some are going for $300 in america.

Anyone with any knowledge of scotty cameron putters?

Craig

bluetoon

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
yep, they are the most ripped off putters going, if you paid £30 you either got the bargain of the century or mugged. best bet is take it to a pro shop that stocks scottys and get them to take a look and confirm its authenticity.

good luck

Brookesy

Head Pro
Wow i feel quite sorry for my mate now lol i know he bought it quite a while back and hasn't used it in quite a while, unfortunately it doesnt have the original headcover (i have a much better golf monthly ceternary headcover on it ;) ).

Ill go grab it from the garage and post some pics.

Brookesy

Head Pro
As you can see its slightly rusty, and also the O in cameron isnt white like the rest of the letters and the titleist on the back of the putter head is also not painted (not sure if it should be).

What you guys think?

Attachments

• 2012-01-23 21.22.25.jpg
    2012-01-23 21.22.25.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 2012-01-23 21.22.46.jpg
    2012-01-23 21.22.46.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 2012-01-23 21.22.54.jpg
    2012-01-23 21.22.54.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 110

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
not sure the grip seems strange to me, its not the original but it is a scotty grip which seems funny on a putter that hasn't been looked after, also the face insert isnt right.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
That looks like a standard retail 'face stamp' TeI3 putter of the sort sold in 1997/8. The first series had the Cameron logo on the sole, but then Scotty realised that on TV it was not getting maximum exposure so moved the 'TeI3' logo to the face.

The putter looks basically sound but needs some refurbishment. The grip is a Cameron Baby T grip, not the original, but a Cameron grip.

I don't think you will retire on the proceeds of selling this. It could only be sold as a restoration project right now. You could send it in to Cameron for refurbishment, but that is going to cost you about $195, plus 2 way shipping. For that you will have what looks essentially like a brand new putter, but I doubt you would sell it for a great deal more than the costs.

My advice would be to keep it and play it as it is. Oil it after use if you can, and try not to put it into a head cover unless dry.

BoadieBroadus

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
i just picked up one very similar. the counterfeiters only really cottoned onto faking camerons of the latest models so i believe this one will be the real deal. £30 is a steal, i'd say you could flog this on ebay for about £100 at the moment. if you send it to get restored, it would probably cost you £150 and then the putter would probably only be worth about that and they're hard to keep in mint condition if you're playing with them. I'd put it in the bag, see if you get on with it, if not, take the £100...