Help needed- Florence Italy

Coyote

Hacker
Visit site
Does any of you well travelled people have any advice regarding Florence in Italy? Basically hiring a car and driving south down through Tuscany. Cars and Parking in Florence where we end up seem to be a drama. Do they have a similar sceme to 'park and ride'? or any other suggestions would really be appreciated. Going 1st Oct. Thanks Martin

B

birdieman

Me and the Mrs got a hire car at Pisa airport and drove to Chiantishire, much better than I thought it would be. I drove into Florence from the south side of the city 2 or 3 times and it was very straightforward, there is huge parking up on the hill overlooking the river and the duomo etc. Easy short walk down to the Uffizi and main sights from there.
I think it's just Rome where they drive like loonies.

Coyote

Hacker
Visit site
Thanks for answering! So was that a proper car park, secure? Could you leave the car over night? Can you remember cost? We also collect a car in Pisa, then spend 10 days driving south then back again.
Thanks Martin

B

birdieman

It wasn't secure or an overnighter, big open parking for buses and cars, think it was pay at machine but it wasn't dear.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If your going to the Uffizi, get up early. a 5 hour wait if you go late morning, is not unusual.

Get a Dorling & kindersley travel guide for Florence (and Tuscany), you can't get better city travel guides, most libraries have them also, so wont cost you anything, if available.

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Can´t help you about parking etc. but you´ll love the place. The most beautiful city on this planet. Enjoy!