Help For Heroes charity golf day - Hankley Common Golf Club - Wednesday 30th August 2023

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
That place is the same price or more.

I'm thinking Aldershot Travelodge personally, £73. Still not too far away from the golf clubs or the other hotels for a beer & curry.
It was £99 a couple of weeks ago. Obviously word has spread of our arrival!

The Lion

Visit site
Hi everyone

Just having a look at accommodation and indeed prices are crazy on 29 August.

Could be because it’s so far ahead though?

Anyway, I’m happy to share a room if anyone would be interested? Otherwise there’s barely anything under £100 a night nearby!!

Some options I saw include:

Farnborough £66 Travelodge
(next door to Premier Inn/£97)

Guildford £92 Travelodge
(Premier Inn nearby is £116)

There may be a fair few options on Booking.com too…I’ll have a look.

All this said, maybe the Farnham Purple Palace might work if they have enough rooms, with two sharing. But the high prices suggest maybe they’re nearly sold out?

Would like to hear your thoughts…

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Hi everyone

Just having a look at accommodation and indeed prices are crazy on 29 August.

Could be because it’s so far ahead though?

Anyway, I’m happy to share a room if anyone would be interested? Otherwise there’s barely anything under £100 a night nearby!!

Some options I saw include:

Farnborough £66 Travelodge
(next door to Premier Inn/£97)

Guildford £92 Travelodge
(Premier Inn nearby is £116)

There may be a fair few options on Booking.com too…I’ll have a look.

All this said, maybe the Farnham Purple Palace might work if they have enough rooms, with two sharing. But the high prices suggest maybe they’re nearly sold out?

Would like to hear your thoughts…
Have you checked the Princess Royal just outside Farnham? On their website they have a couple of twin rooms available for 29th/30th at £116 - maybe get cheaper rate on Booking.com or other such site.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I booked Farnham purple palace as soon as the date got issued and the demand so quick must have forced prices to rocket. It was either £125 or £135 for a standard double

I did the same thing - £143 for one night though! Think ill be cancelling and going elsewhere, no idea why the prices are so high - When we played Blackmoor it was half that!

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I booked Farnham purple palace as soon as the date got issued and the demand so quick must have forced prices to rocket. It was either £125 or £135 for a standard double

i'm surpised the place isn't empty considering there is a pink castle tee user staying there

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That place is the same price or more.

I'm thinking Aldershot Travelodge personally, £73. Still not too far away from the golf clubs or the other hotels for a beer & curry.
I should have done this last night, it's up to £81 now. Ridiculous. Still going to take it though I think.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I did the same thing - £143 for one night though! Think ill be cancelling and going elsewhere, no idea why the prices are so high - When we played Blackmoor it was half that!

i guess it's because we are going earlier that before plus it's the bank holiday weekend just before hand

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s bank holiday week and the last week of school holidays and Tuesdays and Wednesday are peak for a Purple Palace - you are better of going to a Travelodge or finding an air BnB

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I'm about an hour away without traffic, so I just can't be arsed paying anyone for a bed. Admittedly, it'll be 1hr 45 in rush hour probably, but still...! 🤣

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ive booked "The Hogs Back Hotel" - Might treat myself to a little swim and gym session in the morning :ROFLMAO:
I will not be awake early enough for that sort of nonsense. You know the golf starts at 9 right? My alarm will be on for 7:45 probably, and that's only so I have time to grab my bacon roll.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I will not be awake early enough for that sort of nonsense. You know the golf starts at 9 right? My alarm will be on for 7:45 probably, and that's only so I have time to grab my bacon roll.

First opportunity for a lie in this year for you I bet :ROFLMAO:

I'm up at 6..15 for the gym every day mate (Since Jan) - got pretty fat last year :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: