Hello ALL

moetzmoet

Visit site
Hi All,

Been lurking since!

My name is Moe and im based in CA. This is going to be my first full golf season after retiring from 16 years of ruining my weekends with cricket!

Started really getting into golf early last year and have had the bug for the game ever since.
I have never had a full handicap so keen to sort that ASAP and also have only ever played with friends, which although I obviously enjoy would like to meet new people and test myself. Alongside being able to ask some stupid questions to!

I look forward to contributing to the forum and hopefully enjoy my first summer of competitions!

Thanks

Skytot

Visit site
Welcome and Cricket !
You need to get yourself over to the U.K. , play some of our great courses and take a cricket match in . Cricket is a great day out .

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Cricket in California has been going on for ages. I think Boris Karloff and Cary Grant were keen cricketers.

And they make some really good beer. Had a few good pints of Eel River Brewery ales when I visited Ferndale.
My mother's home village was Ferndale South Wales and it was two geezers from there that founded the place in CA.
Ferndale CA was the location used in "Outbreak" starring Dustin Hoffman. They called it Cedar Creek in the film.

Anyway, you can go and watch a cricket game in California and drink some good real ale.

gopher99

Visit site
My wife who is Brazilian used to play cricket when she was at school. You would be surprised what countries play UK sports.

sunshine

Visit site
CA as in California? I had no idea they played cricket in America.

CA is officially the ISO abbreviation for Canada. Or maybe County Antrim. Or Cadiz in Spain. Or maybe he works for Credit Agricole. Or maybe he drives a Ford KA but isn’t very good at spelling ?‍♂️